Hello from Redlands! JbJ 28g, 602 Intermediate

Hello Everyone!

NEW Reefer here. About 6 years experience with custom modded heavily planted FW/shrimp tanks.

I jumped back into the hobby in January when I got my tax return and started back into a FW shrimp tank so that I would have familiar territory while I pieced together a SW tank.

SOME of my FW stuff: 3 gallon jar, custom LED light and filtration

29g custom moddes rimless

I started my JBJ reef in late may.

Currently 2 Ocellaris Clowns, 1 Midas Blenny, Hammer Coral, GSP, Zoas, Palys, Acropora, Xenia, Kenya Branch, Pulsing Xenia, Mermaids fan as well os some other decorative Algaes,assorted snails and crabs, and somewhere there is a peppermint shrimp.

Got much of my coral from my friend Everardo, and it is taking off.

Sent using TAPATALK via Android

My Tank Build
Welcome.
I'm up in redneck vil (yucaipa) but sorry I don't have any corals to offer currently. I just reset up my 300 from scratch.

My Tank Build
What is your opinion of shillington's?

He's ok. But he thinks he's a mr know it all. One time I got into a debate over sps corals with him and he told me I didn't know what I was doing and there's no way I could keep sps alive. But yet every time I've seen sps in his system there always dying or dead. Then I showed him pics of my tank and he couldn't even fight.

Generally, i had a pleasant experience with his wife, but in the times i worked with him, i found that he was extremely hard opinioned and is more interested in talking rather than listening, and then belittling anything other than his doctrine.

I wouldnt have a problem with this, but i bought a single ocellaris from him that died in fewer than 4 hours into my tank.

Rather than return for an exchange/refund, i ate the loss and chose to find somewhere else.

I dont care at all for any of our local places.

Ill get snails from petco, and some basic fw and supplies as well. Ill get dry goods and specialty chemicals from pet world, but i do not trust them for their livestock at all (ive had terrible fw experiences with them in the past).

The closest place i will trust is Jan's in Montclair, or Tropical Reef.

I will drive to Age of Aquariums for specialty pickups for just about anything, instead, though.

Where do you prefer to go?

Just installed two hydor pump-driven rotating diverters. They are about $15 each.

Also installed 2 nite vu true lumem 3led strips and one 12k moonlighy. They really make the night time viewing more pleasing.

I blew the stock nitevu leds when i was playing with power sources, but they were only $20 for all 4. Easy replacement.

I ordered the dimmer for the moonlight as well.

Midas blenny is my favorite fish in the tank.