Clam in california.

lowbudget

Premium Member
Supporter
Like everyone one said. It's going to be tough to keep because out tank temps too high. Unless you going to have a west coast apiece tank that is closer to 60s water temp. It will die. But you can collect those clam if it's a certain size with a California fishing license.

I got two of those in Silver Strand last month and cooked them up! Good eating.

You actually can catch stuff for your tank, if you have a license.... This topic came up on TONMO, about octopuses. IF it's for personal, it's cool. The law you're talking about is to stop people collecting for selling.

I took a couple tiny versions home to try out but they didn't last, I suspect they were eaten by the serpent star.

Who gives a f#$+ about the law. Keep it. Grill that sucker. Lol. But I wouldn't put it in my tank. California beaches are very dirty. I don't knwo if you remember Huntington Beach shutting down a few miles of the beach for years or not. But they said the water was dirtier then sewage water. My old highschool coach said one day he was swimming and he was next to a full on human poop. Waste only gets dumped a few miles off the coast. Not sure if they fixed that yet or not.

Sorry I don't mean to b a downer. I just thought u should know the risks. Cause idk doesn't work with ca fishing and wildlife. And the fines are crazy huge. My bro got a poaching ticket for detaching a lobster head from a lobsters tail. The ticket cost him $1500 plus a day's pay to sit at the court house in long beach.
They don't mess around!

Latest posts