Ca:450
dKH:8

Sump/skimmer/hob refugium/ cheato reactor in 2days
Monthly water changes
Nori with garlic once daily
Spirulina with selcone and garlic once daily

1-six line wrase (4 yrs)
1-Rose Bubble anemone( 4yrs)
1-Green brittle starfish (4 yrs sent to sump due to possibility of fish disapreance..........i dont even know anymore)
1-Cleaner shrimp (4yrs)
1-blood red fire shrimp (4yrs)
20+ head ducan (2yrs)
1-hoveens wrase (5 months)

1- dimon watchman goby (5 months)
2-pajama cardina fish (5 months)

5- chromies (5 months they all started to dissapear one by one)
5-blue dams (5months they all started to dissappear one by one and only 1 is left)

2-kavderns candinafish (5 months 1 dissapread a while ago and 1 died today in qt)
1-Flame angle (5months disappeard 3weks ago)
1-salfin tang(3 months died 2days ago in qt what looks like brook, excessive color lost, scratches all over body, laid on its side)
1-powder blue tang (3 months went missing 1 month)
1-powder brown tang (3 months went missing 1 month)

1-holdhead goby (1 month))
2-pink anthias (1 month female died 1 week unknown reasons found dead, male dissapread last week)
1-Convict tang (2weeks died last week unknow)
1-Khole Tang (2 weeks disappeard last last)

1- Orage spot rabbit fish (2weeks)
2-clowns (last week male died 2 days ago while in qt with salfin, male had heavy breathing and looked lazy swimming, female found today dead, dimond goby scooped her out of his home and push the body out

Can someone help me in the reason why my fish are just going one by one.
1-Is their a possibilty that their is bacterial or virus in my tank or even a bad hitch hiker?
2-Do i need to hold off a month before adding another fish just to make sure the cycle ends?
3-Would a uv sterilizer help as a preventative?
4-Could my green brittle star be one of the reason why for the disappeance?? He was placed in sump 3 weeks ago but fish still disappear and or die.

dontavo27

2020 Philanthropist
Supporter
My Tank Build
Have you tried inspecting you tank at night or when the lights are off,
It could possibly be a unwanted hitch hiker killing
Off your fish?

reefes pieces

Premium Member
Supporter
I'd also check for stray voltage as it can be a slow killer and a cause for disease outbreak. Also, sounds like there are parasites/diseases in the tank. If the fish were pulled from the tank then QT for at least 76 days to ensure ich velvet and brook are eradicated from the tank. the temp 76-79 is that what it can be between in a day or is that an overall avg since you had the tank?

ninjastar

How would I check for stray volts....last time something like that happend sticking my hand in the tank would of shocked me.

The measurements would be when the tank started and recent.

reefes pieces

Premium Member
Supporter
Voltmeter. Check for AC current by dipping one of the probes in the water and the other one onto something grounded into the outlet. Also at night, put a chunk of squid or something in the tank. I've found a mantis shrimp once that way.
How would I check for stray volts....last time something like that happend sticking my hand in the tank would of shocked me.

The measurements would be when the tank started and recent.

ninjastar

So would it be safe to say I can put my green brittle starfish back in the dt?? Does anyone have any actual truth to these guys hunting and killing active fish or do they just get the fish aftrer the fact that the fish is sick and or already dead?

gonumber24

Premium Member
Supporter
Thats the thing I dont even have the slightiest idea on whats going on. Do you think a uv sterlizer would help??
Doubtful. To eliminate your starfish killing your fish, which also is doubtful, I would keep in the sump for now. Brookynella would wipe out your fish over the course of a few days, leaving no survivors. Ich would take longer. You might be dealing with flukes or some kind of internal parasite. Look into treating with quanzipro (I think that's what it's called). There's also food with chloroquine phosphate in it, called Dr g's anti parasitic caviar, which might work.

ninjastar

How would I be able to tell if it's fluke or internal parasite....and I read with the right set up a uv can kill the free floating. So I was thinking don't add any fish, run a uv for a month and see how everything is. Ohhh and it's pazipro.

EyeReef

Admin
admin
Supporter
My Tank Build
I would also look into flukes. I went through the exact thing and dose my 300 gallon with prazipro. No death since. You can see areas on the body with discoloration, they also like to attach to the eye where you see cloudiness. Once fish goes into hiding its usually difficult for them to survive. I would do 2 rounds of prazipro. It is reef safe in my experience

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ninjastar

So how would I go about pozioro, but would a uv still work or even letting my tank chill for a month without adding new fish??

EyeReef

Admin
admin
Supporter
My Tank Build
You can buy prazipro at the fish store. Remove carbon gfo and leave the skimmer on with the cup off during the treatment for increase oxygen. Dose according to the instructions. I treated for 5 days, did a 10% water change, and dosed the 2nd treatment 3 days later. Afterwards, Qt all new additions and this will help minimize another wipeout. Good luck!

ninjastar

You can buy prazipro at the fish store. Remove carbon gfo and leave the skimmer on with the cup off during the treatment for increase oxygen. Dose according to the instructions. I treated for 5 days, did a 10% water change, and dosed the 2nd treatment 3 days later. Afterwards, Qt all new additions and this will help minimize another wipeout. Good luck!

So how would I dose prazipro properly since it says the treatment last 5-7 days

I have a couple questions

1-If their is a possibility of any sort of bacteria or parasite in the tank is it best to remove them now or leave them be and see what happens and dont add any more fish after a 2 month or so window??

1A-If the remaining fish live within the 2 month window would it be safe to say that the thank is good to go??

2-Does it have to be a fishless tank for the 2month+ window to be 100% sure that it is clean??

3-If new fish are bought and qt, can the fish be treated with copper(or what ever you guys recommend but half dose)

4-How many fish do you guys think can be qt at the same time especially if its more of the aggressive fish like multiple tangs?

5-Is this a good setup for a qt? Is their anything else needed?

-10gal tank
-50watt controlable heater
-sponge filter

5A-Sponge vs hob??

Latest posts