My new tank

thats what i mean, it could be viewed as a good thing but if you already have chaeto or other nicer looking algaes in the, why have this nasty stuff take over your fuge if it grows at a fasrter pace than your other algaes in the fuge. I think its a personally preference sorta thing...so your call on keeping or removing. I like my fuges like i like my women...with a pretty, trimmed, clean fuge downstairs...lmao
And I like mine with a lot of crabs!!!! ROFL! Thx bud.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was filling up my WC container with RODI water, for a WC tomorrow. Anyways I tested my water with a handheld TDS meter, and it measured .025. I don't think the container is leaching anything, but I could be wrong. Reason I say that is, my last WC was a big one, and had to use the container to measure how much water I was pulling out of my DT! I forgot to rinse it out, and remembered when it was too late, the container was filled with freshly made RODI. Will TDS that high affect my tank, I really would like NOT to make a fresh batch of SW, but if it's going to have adverse effects I'll do it. Plz chime in my reefing peeps.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

After a tank crash I decided to tear the tank down, and reaquascape my tank to eliminate detritus build up on the bottom of the tank. Even though I had more than sufficient flow, my rock design created a lot of dead spots. Here's a bad iPhone pic before my crash

This is my new scape, I went with tonga branch, and tonga shelf. I can't take the credit for this build though... [MENTION=4620]jestersix[/MENTION] drove down from NorCal, and built this scape for me. I love the way it came out. Also liked to thank [MENTION=2381]SPEARGUNHUNTER[/MENTION] for all of his help. Unfortunately my tank won't be ready for RAP!!! I was looking forward to getting some nice stix

Finally put my canopy back on! I'm undecided how to light my tank! Any input would be of great help. This is how I have the lights come on and off as of now... My AI Vegas come on at noon, ramp up for 20min, then stay on until 5:00. At 5 the third and fourth row of T5's come on which are ATI true actinic, an hour later, the first, second, fifth and sixth row come on, those are B+,
B+, P+, and B+. At nine, rows 1,2,5 and 6 shut off, and lastly the actinics turn off at 10. TBH I didn't think I was going to like the look of the actinics by itself, but I'm surprisingly pleased at the way my tank looks. I'm going to try my luck at a predominantly SPS tank again, so like I stated previously, any input would be great. Wish me luck

Looks like my tank has developed a bacterial bloom. I did a 100g wc, changed the carbon, and nothing has changed. Should I wait it out? All my parameters are on check! What are some of the causes? What did you do to remedy the issue? All my fish are eating, especially my pbt, he practically finishes a sheet of nori by himself. I also feed mysis, brine, and krill for the other fish.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Latest posts