Potter's wrasse doing neverending laps?

He's been doin this basically ever since the transfer into a bigger tank. ( 2 weeks now) And of course , he chooses the corner with a big hungry carpet Nem in it! :/
Any thoughts? https://vimeo.com/141867430
Sorry for the crappy led lit video, but u get the idea :)

Sent from my blinged out girly iPhone using Tapatalk

Could be the thing hanging on the wall. If it looks like another wrasse it might be trying to fight it.

I bought one doing laps once and it ended up dying, so hopefully you find out what's wrong

bigpaul

2020 Philanthropist
Supporter
Maybe it sees its reflection in the glass. I had a tang do that and I put a black piece of construction paper on the corner of the tank and it stopped chasing itself.

I had a McCoskers do the same thing. He was seeing his reflection as mentioned above. Again, as mentioned above, some black tank background, or paper or whatever should take care of the problem and calm Mr. potters down..

Kinda cool when they are flashing and all colored up though..

Thanks.. I'll try that trick!
It's weird cause he's been in w an ornate leopard, a bluestar leopard, and a radiance wrasse.. He's never fought or been chased at all
:(
Hopefully the black paper will help .

+234567 on the reflection. I tried a potters once, right after acclimation he just kept trying to jump out non stop for like 15 20 minutes. When it finally stopped it went to a corner to breathe profusely and it died the next morning.

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

That sucks :(
I've had this guy going in maybe a year.. This is just since he's in a bigger tank now.. Little dummy! You think he'd be all over enjoying his new space.. I swear it looks like he's gonna commit suicide into the carpet Nem .. Apparently he's NOT ok with change lol

That sucks :(
I've had this guy going in maybe a year.. This is just since he's in a bigger tank now.. Little dummy! You think he'd be all over enjoying his new space.. I swear it looks like he's gonna commit suicide into the carpet Nem .. Apparently he's NOT ok with change lol

Well hopefully he stays away from that nem. Such a beautiful fish.

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

Latest posts