My 50g starphire rimless cube build

Im a little bored on a Monday night, so why not post my build thread.

This is going to be my 50g cube build thread. I started with a 30g nuvo AIO tank as a beginner tank and it was a great learning experience. As much as I love that tank, I felt very limited as what I wanted to do, so I went ahead and upgraded to a slightly bigger tank. This will be my first tank/ sump combo and I have a lot to learn, so what is better to learn than start out small, with a 50g cube. This will be a mixed reef tank mostly dominated by softies, lps, and some sps

Current Equipments:

tank: sca 50g cube/ sump

Skimmer: eshopp psk 150

pump: eheim 3000

Controller: Neptune Apex jr.

lighting: AI hydra + AI wireless remote + AI rail

Wavemaker: vortech mp10, 2x jebao rw4

ATO: tunze

Got it wet on 9/17, I aquascapped it this way for the purpose of easy cleaning

everything from the nano were transferred to the 50g

New additions to the 562 fish gang

G-Tank

Premium Member
Supporter
I have the same tank and it's a great setup for the price and love how thick the glass and quality of the build. Great looking tank and good luck with the leopard! That is on my list to buy...

I have the same tank and it's a great setup for the price and love how thick the glass and quality of the build. Great looking tank and good luck with the leopard! That is on my list to buy...
Yeah it is a nice tank, really like the quality. Its a potter wrasse, but yeah leopard wrasse and blue star wrasse are in my list to buy
nice mang i like your scape!
Thanks bud, just making my life easier with this scape

so saddd my 2nd potter didn't make it. Had him for a month and a half. I don't know why he died, he was eating mysis like a champ. No sign of ich or anything. He just slowly got skinnier day by day and then one day he just died. This was my second potters too. Dont know if I want to try again

so saddd my 2nd potter didn't make it. Had him for a month and a half. I don't know why he died, he was eating mysis like a champ. No sign of ich or anything. He just slowly got skinnier day by day and then one day he just died. This was my second potters too. Dont know if I want to try again
Does your tank have pods? my understanding is that they like to hunt on rocks all day long.

Does your tank have pods? my understanding is that they like to hunt on rocks all day long.
i had pods but im assuming they were decimated by the potter, blue star leopard wrasse, and yellow corris wrasse. my blue and yellow are doing real well since they eat everything, my potter just eats the pods and mysis

i had pods but im assuming they were decimated by the potter, blue star leopard wrasse, and yellow corris wrasse. my blue and yellow are doing real well since they eat everything, my potter just eats the pods and mysis
Gotcha.

Sadly I don't think you did anything wrong per se. within that genus of wrasses, I have 7 and don't seed my tank too often. Could just be luck of the draw. Sorry again.