Daryl's Pet Store - Redlands - New Owner

Had a couple minutes to kill so I stopped in at Daryl's in Redlands.

I knew the old manager was going out of state and was wondering if the store had sold to someone else or what.

When I got there, I noticed a new tank setup near the front, that had some saltwater fish in it, a couple of morays, etc.

Then I noticed that they had cleared out the cluttery back area (by removing one stand of tanks) and the what had previously been a dead and empty SW section was two columns of SW fish and "corals".

Turns out there is a new owner, Josh. He knows it's a no-brainer to have SW and is working to have a great setup there. He admits to being new to reefing but it trying to bring something good to the area. I applaud his efforts and think it would be good for us locals to stop in and offer advices.

Currently, the stock doesn't look that healthy but given time and help, we could have a nice local shop to hang out at.

To point to Josh's good intentions, I witnessed him tell a new freshwater tank owner to limit their first fish buy to just a couple fish and work slowly to add more.

They are located at:
1589 W Redlands Blvd, Redlands, CA 92373 in the BIG 5 shopping center.

I'm attaching a picture of their hours.

Thanks for all the people that have come by. Josh said a number of people dropped by specifically for saltwater/reef inquiries, after the post. So, good on you So Cali! Let's make this a cool local hang. He could use advice on what you guys want him to carry. So stop in and let him know.

Let him know theirs a big Need for a Good coral selection out here Especially SPS.... Set up a big frag tank and have good water quality with Nice sps and ill be there lol.

I went there Tuesday and got a healthy clownfish from him. It is super happy and he every told me he can make orders for me for no extra charge just to let him know ahead of time. I will definitely be going there from now on.

BTW, Daryl's in Redlands is moving from Redlands Blvd to downtown Redlands and is discontinuing all saltwater. Josh over there said he's "willing to part with ALL our livestock and equipment for very cheap."

I went in yesterday and picked up a Kupang, a Bi Color, and 2 blue Chromi/damsels for 13 bucks.

It is a shame that another store loses salt water, especially local, but I'm hoping I can get them more business for their FW side in the coming months.