THE OSMOBOT - Aquarium Monitor

looks pretty promising, but the obvious competition will be Neptune's APEX.

the Osmobot would either have to beat it on price, or beat it on features.

based upon the listed price, i'm not sure i see that. not to mention the product would have to break into an established market. seems like a tough road ahead.

It says that it will display your lights spectrum? The price would be worth it alone if it actually does this somehow. You need a spectroradiometer to do this and they typically cost thousands of dollars. I see no info on the website with details on it. I would like to see some

GoBigGuy

I like the idea of the light spectrum as well as the Ammonia and Nitrate add-ons

You are right about price point, I think that will make or break it

robert_ellis

Premium Member
Supporter
I think for 500 it's a good price for what they are claiming it to be coming with. And another 600 to monitor ammonia and nitrates... very fair imo.

But when was the last time any of us tested for ammonia? Nitrates is the cheapest test. If it's very similar 2 apex I'd go with the proven product. So many people with good info on it for help as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The connectivity options look cool, getting my apex to work on my phone was a pain even with fusion. Depending on how accurate the nitrate sensor is this controller might be more useful then the apex

I think for 500 it's a good price for what they are claiming it to be coming with. And another 600 to monitor ammonia and nitrates... very fair imo.
i don't think the $500 price tag comes with one of the controllable power strip (like the EB8) which will be an additional $99

Use the OsmoApp to remotely turn on backup devices with the optional bluetooth power strip. Also, program custom settings towards increased system automation.

robert_ellis

Premium Member
Supporter
There was a controller at rap and not apex... cant recall the name but that looked like a legit setup.. a little pricier but ease of use was hands down the best.

It will be a bit more expensive than apex but does offer ammonia and nitrate. But there is a cheaper alternative seneyes I think that's the name and come with a par meter for $200

Sent from my iPhone using Tam

Archon, seemed legit and had built in wireless receiver and 0-10v input.
Cool thing you can just use your current Equipment just buy the system no accessories needed if you already have everything from previous system.

Sent from my iPhone using Tam

Latest posts