What LED's can grow SPS

reefes pieces

Premium Member
Supporter
I think its safe to say that most high powered LED lights can grow SPS successfully. However, best and easiest results would have to go to the Radion simply because of the vast amount of user input and proven "recipes" for color intensities.

I think most non-bootleg LEDs are pretty solid these days. Just don't burn your coral by turning them up too high, and accept that shadowing is still their 2nd greatest weakness (after propensity for human error induced problems).

Radions Gen 4 best Spectrum to date and easily adjustable. I have all my Systems on Radion's now and the corals are looking great and growing. The transition from T5 Led Hybrid did make some corals unhappy and I found very quickly that my new Radions needed to be dialed way back. I have mine 8" off the water running the Coral Lab Program which is 100% Blue spectrum and UV channels, and 24% Whites, Green, and Red. Now I have this program set at 35% which means the Blue Spectrum's are at 35%, but he whites, greens, and reds are at less than 10%. With a Par meter I have very similar Par to the T5 Hybrid setup and running less than 400 watts on 10 Radions. I do have my Frag Tank and Quarantine set at 50%, but the lights are much higher over tank. I just purchase new Par meter that measures LED better, and I am going to bump my lights up 5%, just to see results.

Just be careful with Any Led lights, many who leave them just overpowered their corals with a light they are not used to.

EyeReef

Admin
admin
Supporter
My Tank Build
Anyone have examples of thriving/colorful SPS dominated reef tanks running LEDs for more than a year?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jjskye

I currently have Radion Gen 2 but not too happy with growth and color. Maybe because I have 0 nitrate and 0 PO4. Feeding more right now to see if that makes a change.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts