Outdoor Frag tank when it's 108 degrees outside....

It's been a rough year for the system. Due to unstable technology we had constant issues with stability. While the fish didn't mind the corals have had a really rough time since New Years. Things have finally stabilized out, and slowly the corals are coming back to looking the way they should.

I will post a video of the display tank in the next few days. Or take a peak at it. The Live webcam is up and running 24/7 o2manyfish.com/webcam

This week we are have 4 days of 'Excessive Heat Warnings' - For Los Angeles this means 4 days with temps over 104 degrees.

2 weeks ago we went from normal summer weather to all of a sudden a 117 degrees on a Friday. By 1pm on that Friday my flower beds were toast. Palm trees yellowed. African tree ferns, turned brown and branches snapped off like toast. It was brutal. The system is usually temp stable with fans up to 104. But at 1pm when it was around 112 the temp rose to 83.

I popped up an EZUP tent, and the temp stopped rising.

In anticipation of this week's heat wave, I put the tent up on Sunday. Today is day 3 of the heat wave with temps expected to hit 110. And as of this morning the 4 day heat warning, has now been extended till at least Saturday.

But, so far this week we haven't gone past 82.5 --

Here is a video of the outdoor frag tank yesterday afternoon with temps well over the 100 degree mark.

Make sure you watch till the end... there is a surprise.

Dave B

[video]https://youtu.be/7KWdleT2ueI[/video]

Latest posts