OG's 120G build

Tangwich

2020 Philanthropist
I got another one in the sump if you want it. Eating frozen for about a month now

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
Thanks...the tank has been fishless for long enough and now has like 421,918 pods so I think the cbb would thrive in there as the only fish.

Tangwich

2020 Philanthropist
LIke you still have a tank...
I have a 40b that's been established for a bit over a year...tons of life (3 types of sea stars, different species of pods, snails, limpets, sponges) and anthelia and chaeto. But if you want the cbb cody, i know he will thrive in your tank going forward, so have at it brotha.

I have a 40b that's been established for a bit over a year...tons of life (3 types of sea stars, different species of pods, snails, limpets, sponges) and anthelia and chaeto. But if you want the cbb cody, i know he will thrive in your tank going forward, so have at it brotha.
Nice. Update a thread so its not so dead around here. Thanks for the kind gesture. I need to meet up with Eve for some scroll coral as well. Up to him though I don't want to impose.

Nice. Update a thread so its not so dead around here. Thanks for the kind gesture. I need to meet up with Eve for some scroll coral as well. Up to him though I don't want to impose.
Cool man! You're going to join us? I hope my large bone cutters will cut it haha. I need to invest in a band saw. Where in Orange are you? My inlaws are over by the Christ Cathedral so im out there from time to time

Cool man! You're going to join us? I hope my large bone cutters will cut it haha. I need to invest in a band saw. Where in Orange are you? My inlaws are over by the Christ Cathedral so im out there from time to time

I'm off of Chapman and Prospect. East Side of the 55fwy. Wait what are we doing? I meant to not impose on the fish hehe

The tank has been on a downward spiral. Most of the sps stnd. Whats left is pissed off. Sucked out almost all the sand because it was causing nutrient issues. ALWAYS GET NEW SAND OR DONT LET IT DIE WHEN YOU MOVE A TANK. The tank is more stable now and i upgraded the lights to a 59" Giesemann stellar T5 Hybrid fixture and 3 Radions g4 xr30pros. Lets see if this helps. If i had to do it all over again I would get the Aquatic life fixture. The only thing I like about the Giesemann is the toombstones for the T5s and the individual reflectors. The Giesemann came in with dents! And the mounting options for the LEDs are limited and not up to par with Giesemann or any highend equipment standards. All it is are L brackets that you shove in the slots. Oh, and the Stellar fixture only comes with mountings for 2 LEDs. Unless you get a 2 foot fixture... that one only comes with 2 brackets so you can only use 1 fixture. At this time you cant get more brackets. My solution was to go get 2 6 foot aluminum L Brackets from my local metal supply store and cut them to fit parallel to the T5s. I then put rubber feet on the Radions so they dont get scratched up by the rails.

Smite

Premium Member
Supporter
2020 POTM
Looks clean! I used the same chanel and painted it to hange my radions.

That's a bit of a let down, specially for geisemann, they usually have great quality parts ect. Does it have different endplates to let you choose to run the lights parallel or perpendicular to the tank? Im gonna do something similar when i go to g4.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

They do have mounting options similar to the ones that Aquatic life has but they are unavailable in the US as of now. I was told that it would be a nother month or so before those items get shipped to the US. BRS did a PAR comperison between the 2 and the Aquatic Life fixture out performed the Giesemann. They said it was probably because the Stellar fixture is wider. Unfortunately the end brackets to shorten the fixture are not yet available in the US.

Looks clean! I used the same chanel and painted it to hange my radions.

That's a bit of a let down, specially for geisemann, they usually have great quality parts ect. Does it have different endplates to let you choose to run the lights parallel or perpendicular to the tank? Im gonna do something similar when i go to g4.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
Oh. And yes. The brackets are super universal. They are just aluminum L brackets with 3M adhesive. Yeah... you have to glue your LEDs on to the rails....

Smite

Premium Member
Supporter
2020 POTM
Oh. And yes. The brackets are super universal. They are just aluminum L brackets with 3M adhesive. Yeah... you have to glue your LEDs on to the rails....

Duuude that is ridiculous. Cant return it?