Smelly /stuffy sump area

225 display with 100 sump and lately I've been getting this smell from my sump area. The living room is very very well ventilated. I just recently added a power head in my sump and replaced my carbon even tried baking soda in the stand yet it still smells damp, ocean, stuffy etc. What do you guys recommend?

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

Get some car freshners.
When my sump area gets smelly I open it up and open all the windows, usually clears within a few minutes.

Get some car freshners.
When my sump area gets smelly I open it up and open all the windows, usually clears within a few minutes.
All my windows are always open but you are right, it seems like the only way to keep it from smelling is leaving the stand doors wide open because it cleaes up quickly but when i close the doors it smells again. I'm contemplating removing the stand doors even though that would look ugly. Could it be because of the heat?

Smite

Premium Member
Supporter
2020 POTM
Mine usually stinks if there is a build up of detritus or I'd my chaeto reaches the surface.

Note, if your stand is smelly and humid, it's an ideal location for mold growth. You might want to check to see if you have any growing (I bet you do) and kill it.

I had a similar problem and adding a fan did the trick. No more smell and no more mold.

Correction, there was still a smell from the skimmer cup, but i got something like this http://www.marinedepot.com/ps_viewi...ntent=OE1341&gclid=CIiB1JHL_MYCFUSBfgoddVECjQ and put it on top of the collection cup. Now no more smell even from skimmer!

Note, if your stand is smelly and humid, it's an ideal location for mold growth. You might want to check to see if you have any growing (I bet you do) and kill it.

I had a similar problem and adding a fan did the trick. No more smell and no more mold.

Correction, there was still a smell from the skimmer cup, but i got something like this http://www.marinedepot.com/ps_viewi...ntent=OE1341&gclid=CIiB1JHL_MYCFUSBfgoddVECjQ and put it on top of the collection cup. Now no more smell even from skimmer!
Too awesome! Thank you!