DorkyReef 22g nano build

Replace my dead yellow clown goby with a royal gramma.... So much character added to the tank.

So far my tanks finally been consuming Cal, and Alk. Started to dose two part to keep my Cal at 440 Alk at 9 and Mag at 1350. Still waiting out the tank to mature more before I start filling it up with my corals from my other tanks.

My AI nano is now ramp up running 90% royal blue and blue and 65% white. Had to dose algae fix marine to get some unwanted algae in control.

My 2 week old son staring at me working on the tank.

Tangwich

2020 Philanthropist
Tank is coming along nicely Hyren and I see you like your 6040 also. I have to run my at 50% because it pushes so much water. And congrats on your little dude. Future reefer in the making.

Tank is coming along nicely Hyren and I see you like your 6040 also. I have to run my at 50% because it pushes so much water. And congrats on your little dude. Future reefer in the making.
Thanks! I turn down my 6040 down to 50% too since it was causing a sandstorm in my tank.

Been battling the summer heat and had some casualties with 6 degree temp swings. Picked up a DA RKL for $50 and picked up a seaside dual cooling fan pointed at my sump. Have my temp steady at 80 degrees now.

I got bored at home and decided to hard plumb my current setup as well T-off the return to the refugium.

Pretty happy with the setup.

Today's update.

My water level where my skimmer was set at 10" and I had the protein skimmer set wide open to prevent it from overflowing. I made a quick stand out of egg crate and now my skimmer is sitting level at 7" and I was able to fine tune the skimmer properly. I've also added some macro algae I've been growing from my other refugium. grape caulerpa and cheato.

My 15g remote refugium from the 150g reef tank

macro added to my nano tank fuge.

Smite

Premium Member
Supporter
2020 POTM
Tank is looking great. Congrats on the boy! My tank was a lifesaver when my daughter was born. She'd sometimes get on a good crying streak, carry her in front of the tank and bam, dead silence. She just turned one and points at the tank "fis fis!" Loves it.

Took some close up pics with my iPhone.... I have good polyp extension but colors are slightly faded. I ended up ramping down my AI nano fixture from B 90 RB 85 W 70 to
B 75 RB 80 W 55

My tank has been without a light over the tank for 3 days. My fan on the AI nano went out. I ordered a replacement fan a few months back just incase I needed it. As I ripped apart my AI nano. The new replacement fan was easily swappable till I hit a road bump. The new replacement cooling fan was twice the height not allowing me to assemble my light together. I emailed AI and their customer support responded quickly but they wanted me to
Ship them the light fixture and pay for the postage shipping to and from which I think sucks! I ended up modifying my AI nano since it was out of warranty. I hack up the top cover assembly and use the AI fan grill and made my own wire hanger.

I haven't been my LFS for a while due to time and no money. I wanted to add a few corals to my tank. Nothing crazy but best bang for the buck spent.

It's been a while since I've last updated this. I've recently moved back to Bellflower and had to break down the tank. I lost one fish before the move. My female snowflake clown decided to go carpet surfing :(

Anyways life got in the way and lost 90% of my
Corals. Still didn't stop me from giving up.

Wankel

Supporter
LOL, I literally just did the same thing!

Neglected, Lost fish, Moved, Tore Down, Restarted Fresh!