new to solacers

I'm curious about this can you explain a little better?
Algae thrives off oxygen, how many people do you know that like micro bubbles in their reef tank? Or better yet how many people do you know that use an air stone in a saltwater tank. Personally I know zero. And I know from personal experience that micro bubbles will cause tremendous algae growth.

pgr11

Supporter
Algae thrives off oxygen, how many people do you know that like micro bubbles in their reef tank? Or better yet how many people do you know that use an air stone in a saltwater tank. Personally I know zero. And I know from personal experience that micro bubbles will cause tremendous algae growth.
Hmmmm so all those skimmers that still use air stones to make microbubbles are causing algae

But the o2 is still in the water. The algae will need a food source not just o2
Hahaha ok bud your right. Excuse me for trying to help out. So when are you going to add an air stone to your reeftank? Let me guess, never.

pgr11

Supporter
Hahaha ok bud your right. Excuse me for trying to help out. So when are you going to add an air stone to your reeftank? Let me guess, never.
Talk about sensitive. Besides co2 is what plants and algae use. I'm not going to use one because I don't care for the looks but he might. Well I do have them for emergency situations though with multiple battery powered air pumps.

Plants produce oxygen ... they use c02 for photosynthesis.
How do plants grow and thrive? By making their own food through a process called photosynthesis. Thanks for proving my point. Algae will thrive more thoroughly with an air stone. Simple matter of fact.

Talk about sensitive. Besides co2 is what plants and algae use. I'm not going to use one because I don't care for the looks but he might. Well I do have them for emergency situations though with multiple battery powered air pumps.
Who's being sensitive? I'm simply laughing in your face for trying to make this into something bigger then me simply trying to help out. Lol!