Has anyone had luck with?

Keeping a tiny clown trigger with small fish and as the trigger grows he doesn't end up eating the small fish?

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

Idk why people say clown triggers are aggresive im sure it's for a reason but I've owned several clown triggers from small to full adults never had a problem with them being aggresive, I'm sure you would be fine just make sure you keep him well fed.

I have had a clown trigger for the past year. He started out at about 1inch and is now 4in. No problems at all with any fish, I have about 30 or so. I think he is a very docile trigger. Very active swimmer.
They say they are aggressive because they can be. Very aggressive actually. I've just never tried in a tank with fish that would end up being extremely smaller than them, only angels and tangs. What have been the smallest fish you guys have kept them with?
Idk why people say clown triggers are aggresive im sure it's for a reason but I've owned several clown triggers from small to full adults never had a problem with them being aggresive, I'm sure you would be fine just make sure you keep him well fed.

I had a clown trigger that loved trying to eat all my fish and he was a small guy2. It was bonkers he would try and bite them when they would slow down lol

I had a clown trigger that loved trying to eat all my fish and he was a small guy2. It was bonkers he would try and bite them when they would slow down lol
See this is my fear. I want to add a clown trigger to my fowler but then would have to remove like 10 fish
The smallest I have is a damsel,about 1.5inches and I never see any agression. Duering the feeding frenzy the trigger will keep his ground but not go after any fish.
Damsels hold their ground pretty well though. My concern would be my royal flasher wrasse and royal gramma. My two clowns I'd hope nothing happened to them but if one disappears I wouldn't be so heart broken I'd just remove the other, my fire gobies would be a meal, my cherry spotted doty too fast too furious and only between the rock work I'm lucky when I see him. ..my cleaner wrasse and neon goby there has to be a law of the ocean he shouldn't eat them. My bartletts I'm tired of them anyways started with 6 and they keep morphing to male and due to fighting I'm down to two. . Maybe I just get rid of all the little fish and add like 10 chromis and watch them school because of fear lmao. Contemplating. ....

Lexusman25

Premium Member
Supporter
I've always wanted a clown trigger too! I'm thinking of setting up a tank for one haha I like how they are now selling captive bred ones too!

na just the acillllllles
See this is my fear. I want to add a clown trigger to my fowler but then would have to remove like 10 fish

Damsels hold their ground pretty well though. My concern would be my royal flasher wrasse and royal gramma. My two clowns I'd hope nothing happened to them but if one disappears I wouldn't be so heart broken I'd just remove the other, my fire gobies would be a meal, my cherry spotted doty too fast too furious and only between the rock work I'm lucky when I see him. ..my cleaner wrasse and neon goby there has to be a law of the ocean he shouldn't eat them. My bartletts I'm tired of them anyways started with 6 and they keep morphing to male and due to fighting I'm down to two. . Maybe I just get rid of all the little fish and add like 10 chromis and watch them school because of fear lmao. Contemplating. ....

I've always wanted a clown trigger too! I'm thinking of setting up a tank for one haha I like how they are now selling captive bred ones too!
I even emailed them to ask about the agression on the captive bred ones but they said a ct is still a ct
na just the acillllllles
lol

Latest posts