Help! Finding a New Pump for my Alpha 170...

So I'm considering running a frag tank for the club and I have the perfect skimmer that I never used. I have a Royal Exclusiv Vertex Alpha 170 body without a red dragon pump. I'm looking for a replacement pump to match, but I haven't found anything as of yet. So far, I tried a Sicce PSK-600 and a PSK-1000 but they don't foam like they're supposed to. I was thinking about one of the Chinese DC pumps, but not sure which one.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

So I'm considering running a frag tank for the club and I have the perfect skimmer that I never used. I have a Royal Exclusiv Vertex Alpha 170 body without a red dragon pump. I'm looking for a replacement pump to match, but I haven't found anything as of yet. So far, I tried a Sicce PSK-600 and a PSK-1000 but they don't foam like they're supposed to. I was thinking about one of the Chinese DC pumps, but not sure which one.

Does anyone have any suggestions?
Read a lot of bad reviews on the vertex alpha 170. Talked to a reefer from here that said he had it and it sucked. Super temperamental and never foamed right. Might be a bad design on the skimmer body. :/

mark.a.smith405

Premium Member
Supporter
I have a vertex alpha 170 and it is freaking beasty!!!! Used to have the atb 1050 and that was super temperamental. Personally I feel the vertex is better sized for my needs and the ATB was over sized.

I have an Alpha 170 on my 90g and it seems to be working well so far. I just hooked it up. Running the stock pump. You're right about the neck being huge though. Best bet would probably be to find a used Laguna 1500 and order a BK impeller for a small fortune.

Three days nog...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have an Alpha 170 on my 90g and it seems to be working well so far. I just hooked it up. Running the stock pump. You're right about the neck being huge though. Best bet would probably be to find a used Laguna 1500 and order a BK impeller for a small fortune.

Three days nog...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yeah. That's probably my last resort. Parts are just so **** expensive.

Latest posts