New Life Spectrum ICK Shield and HEX

So they been announcing this new food and seems promising. Haven't seen much conversation about it here. What do you guys think? Would you guys feed along side quarantine or skip quarantine and use this?
http://youtu.be/F2ptQLh8Tuo
Couple places have these in there stores like Marine Depot and Amazon.
I want to see a fish treated and see if they survive. Only food I seen treat ick and work is [MENTION=3047]Adrock[/MENTION] cocktail which I still use when adding new fish or quarantine.
New Life Spectrum ICK shied.jpg

QT is the only route for me. I've learned in this hobby is to not cut corners especially if it's fish related

Nice to know there is one for ectoparasites. The LFS nearby me only carried the internal parasite one. Gonna get an ectoparasite one and give it a try. Hope to treat a sick fish in my reef.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was thinking QT with this food ick and HEX food so it can limit the usage of copper but only if it works as promoted.
I'll feed it to my established fish in DT. But Ill always QT with cupramine and API general cure for all my new fish..I've learned an expensive lesson...

I'll feed it to my established fish in DT. But Ill always QT with cupramine and API general cure for all my new fish..I've learned an expensive lesson...
I have never tried API general cure will look into it. Yes me too when I first got into saltwater I lost all my fish except 1 clownfish that I renamed Nemo for being the sole survivor. First lesson I ever learn never trust petco and always. Although I risked with an establish green wrasse and six line wrasse but I used Adrock cocktail mix with great success.

No signs of ich in DT. I QT all fish with TTM. Thought this product may be useful during observation period.
Post a review and see how you like it. I am still skeptical I blame Reef Central for my paranoia on thinking all products are related to ick are snake oils. The tend to over use the term snake oil with everything that new and unknown to them. But a review on what you think would be nice.

"We inquired regarding the active ingredients in these feeds; Hex-Shield’s active ingredient was reported as Metronidazole, and Ick-Shield’s ingredient was initially reported as being in the Chloroquin group."

These active ingedients have been used long before & work well. Since NLS says there is a wide margin of error (of overdosing), i take it to mean the medicine concentration is very very low.

Also, if every reefer uses this we will soon see most ich become resistant. On RC there is already documented ich that is so resistant to copper treatment that the dose of copper needed to kill that strain of ich would kill the fish first. Its easier to develope antibiotic resistance, we'll see where this goes.

I have never tried API general cure will look into it. Yes me too when I first got into saltwater I lost all my fish except 1 clownfish that I renamed Nemo for being the sole survivor. First lesson I ever learn never trust petco and always. Although I risked with an establish green wrasse and six line wrasse but I used Adrock cocktail mix with great success.
you can substitute general cure for metro in my cocktail, it is a combination of metronidazole and prazi quantel which is a good combo for internal and external parasites. we have it in bulk at the shop and sell the 10 packet dose. I wouldn't just use one product I like to attack it on multiple fronts but might be a good idea to use during the diagnose period in qt I will pick some up and check it out. I would like to see the ingredients listing . thank you for bringing it to the forums attention great thread +1 [MENTION=8376]orbela[/MENTION]

"We inquired regarding the active ingredients in these feeds; Hex-Shield’s active ingredient was reported as Metronidazole, and Ick-Shield’s ingredient was initially reported as being in the Chloroquin group."

These active ingedients have been used long before & work well. Since NLS says there is a wide margin of error (of overdosing), i take it to mean the medicine concentration is very very low.

Also, if every reefer uses this we will soon see most ich become resistant. On RC there is already documented ich that is so resistant to copper treatment that the dose of copper needed to kill that strain of ich would kill the fish first. Its easier to develope antibiotic resistance, we'll see where this goes.
that's why I use focus in conjunction with metro and prazi it is a type of anti bacterial polymer that is used in humans when taking antibiotics it help the person taking it not to build a resistance during treatment, it also play a few other beneficial factors like masking the harsh and bitter taste of metro and allowing the metro to adhere to the food so it works from the inside out and is more effective than just treating/ dosing the dt and or qt.

Just watched the video, I have mixed opinion about it, the visuals were awesome but no real information about the product or the ingredients , kinda not sure what to think . It was nice to see all the fish and looking very healthy but again no real info about the product or any claims , ingredients or visuals of the food pellet, gel? wth not sure what to think . I feel they are just showing us some pretty fish hoping that we will be blinded by that and just buy the food with out any real explanation and info about the product

"We inquired regarding the active ingredients in these feeds; Hex-Shields active ingredient was reported as Metronidazole, and Ick-Shields ingredient was initially reported as being in the Chloroquin group."

I could find the list of active ingredients or percentage of ingredients. Wonder if this new strand is from fish wild caught or establish that keep getting fish. Then I would do good to stay away from the food since it I'm low concentration that would create a super germ/virus. Then wouldn't the only method left would be tank transfer but then that would create long surviving ick that can have a longer cycle because I know people would place a fish right at the 8 week mark from qt.

Sent from my iPhone using Tam

you can substitute general cure for metro in my cocktail, it is a combination of metronidazole and prazi quantel which is a good combo for internal and external parasites. we have it in bulk at the shop and sell the 10 packet dose. I wouldn't just use one product I like to attack it on multiple fronts but might be a good idea to use during the diagnose period in qt I will pick some up and check it out. I would like to see the ingredients listing . thank you for bringing it to the forums attention great thread +1 [MENTION=8376]orbela[/MENTION]
In assuming we would still use focus along side API general cure. No problem I really need to go out and check out your store seems you stock good corals, fish, and products.

In assuming we would still use focus along side API general cure. No problem I really need to go out and check out your store seems you stock good corals, fish, and products.

Thank you we try our best and come on down you are always welcome!