The Light bulb just came on....

Tangwich

2020 Philanthropist
Yes yes, I know..it doesn't happen often but I was thinking that when we dip corals, sometimes whatever "dip" we use doesn't kill everything so when we're swishing the coral around in the bucket or container, the parasites are just circulating back onto the coral.

Sooooooooooo I'm wondering if a regular kitchen strainer in a container would work better. You put the coral in the strainer and that goes into the container with the dip and perhaps a powerhead..you swish it around there and the pests sink to the bottom of the container letting you pull up a perfectly clean pest free frag/coral???? Hey, just trying to think of better ways to get the job done. What you guys think?

Wouldn't that be the same as swishing it around in fresh saltwater before putting it back? Nudis are pretty big not sure they would fit through the strainer, same with large pods etc.

JDEllis

Owner @ Ellis Aquatics
Supporter
I actually do something somewhat similar already...I built an eggcrate stand which is about 3-4" tall...powerhead goes under it, corals sit on top of it...I usually find the critters under it at the end of a dip, while removing the now clean coral are easily lifted all together out of the bucket

s2k

Setup 3 diff dipping containers it should be clean after going through the third one.

Six2seven

Premium Member
Supporter
Bayer
5 minutes - lots dead
10 minutes - most will be dead.
15 minutes - everything dead.
20 minutes - should have pulled it out of the Bayer
25 minutes - the coral is dead lol

Bayer
5 minutes - lots dead
i thought Omar's left zoas in Bayer overnight (or at least like a few hours) before, and it recovered?

Tangwich

2020 Philanthropist
Bayer
5 minutes - lots dead
Wouldn't happen with the amount of Bayer I use lol I calculate like chocolate chips when I'm making cookies

hahahahaha literally laughing out loud....

Latest posts