Baking soda option

Without watching the whole video and something I think he would have said up front. I remember years ago being told or reading the baking soda needed baked/heated to cause some type of action/reaction in order for it to work and achieve desired results. But it appears not. Unless I was looking to use it for something other than the intended purpose as in this video.
I also remember just adding it to my top off container as the dosing method.

Without watching the whole video and something I think he would have said up front. I remember years ago being told or reading the baking soda needed baked/heated to cause some type of action/reaction in order for it to work and achieve desired results. But it appears not. Unless I was looking to use it for something other than the intended purpose as in this video.
I also remember just adding it to my top off container as the dosing method.
I think if you bake it, it raises ph and if not then it lowers ph.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ive used it for years as a part of Randys two part. I still use it to adjust my alk. You just have to bake it on a pan for an hour at 400-450 degrees, temperature really doesnt matter, you just have to drive out the moisture.

Yeah. Its a good cost effective alternative. I would imagine its very similar to what brs sells
I was under the impression that it was identical. The best part about it, is the availability. If you need to boost your alk urgently, or you need to boost ph of the freshwater to dip a clam. You can just go to Ralphs or Walmart and get it. While were on the topic - you can also use empsom salt as mag supplement (sulfate) , and mrs wagers pickling lime instead of traditional kalk supplement.

joseserrano

2020 Contributor
I was under the impression that it was identical. The best part about it, is the availability. If you need to boost your alk urgently, or you need to boost ph of the freshwater to dip a clam. You can just go to Ralphs or Walmart and get it. While were on the topic - you can also use empsom salt as mag supplement (sulfate) , and mrs wagers pickling lime instead of traditional kalk supplement.
They claim to be pharmaceutical grade, but Idk you exactly what that means for alk

Didn't know that, you learn something new every day

You bake bicarbonate (baking soda) to get carbonate (washing soda). You do not want to buy washing soda as it usually has other things added like perfumes. Baking soda has a PH of 8.3 while washing soda has a PH of 12 I believe. The brand should not matter if it is pure. I use Arm and Hammer in 7 pound bags from Costco.

Latest posts