We Built a Reef Tank For Only $275. Here's How We Did It!

MarineDepot

Proud Sponsor
Premium sponsor
This was a fun vid.

I dig the light you guys chose.
Thanks for watching! I had a blast putting this one together. The small tank made it challenging to find solid products that actually fit but I think we found a winning combination.

I have to agree about the WavePoint light. We have stocked it for a few years now and I have been waiting for an opportunity to show how nice the fixture is. For the size and money, it is an awesome little light. Not to mention the quality of construction is great and it looks slick too!

-Robert @ MD

I don't know, I mean is $100 worth it to just hide a heater? You could slap the same equipment on just about any $ per gallon glass aquarium, add a black background and save $60-80.
This is like a budget build for someone who isn't actually on a budget. You could go bigger, have a skimmer, for less easily.

MarineDepot

Proud Sponsor
Premium sponsor
I don't know, I mean is $100 worth it to just hide a heater? You could slap the same equipment on just about any $ per gallon glass aquarium, add a black background and save $60-80.
This is like a budget build for someone who isn't actually on a budget. You could go bigger, have a skimmer, for less easily.
Most definitely! I think building a tank on a budget can go quite a variety of ways and they all have their merits. Our angle here was to create a small tank geared towards a new hobbyist that may not be confident with some of the DIY money saving projects. Considering all the great feedback, I think this is not the end of our Budget Build approach and we will consider this for future videos!

Thanks for commenting here, we love feedback.

-Robert @ MD

Latest posts