Phosphates hitting a wall.

About two months ago I started running bio-pellets. I defiantly seemed to lower my phosphates but now it seems to just stay at 0.3. Should I add more pellets? Or?
Also the pellets don't seem to reduce in size. When should I start seeing that?

DeadCalm

What are your nitrates at? The bacteria need both nitrate and phosphate at a ratio of 16/1. If your nitrates bottomed out then you would need to feed more to get your phosphates to go down.

tdawg818

I tried bio - pellets on my tank and wasn't a fan. I use rowa phos and it does wonders in my tank. po4 & si02 adsorber

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Six2seven

Premium Member
Supporter
Hello I would suggest a lot more research on bacteria. An understanding really needs to be known before using bio-pellets. It's not as simple as GFO.

Short answer: start feeding a lot more. Do not add more pellets

DeadCalm

My Nirates are reading 0 ppm
Yeah once your nitrates get to zero your phosphates will either go up or not move at all. In your case I would consider removing some pellets, buying more fish or just feeding more. But that's with me making alot of assumptions including that you don't have a algae issue.

Yeah once your nitrates get to zero your phosphates will either go up or not move at all. In your case I would consider removing some pellets, buying more fish or just feeding more. But that's with me making alot of assumptions including that you don't have a algae issue.
You mean I have to buy more fish! That should be easy.

I have noticed a decline in my algae in the overall tank. However that very light film that grows on the glass seems to show up more often.

Latest posts