Chatsworth fish stores?

in granada hills, on chatsworth ave & encino avenue there is Fumi's Tropical fisc. not much there, mom & pops store, nice guy Adam at the counter, but sometimes have deals, overall pretty sad

there are couple fish + reptile places near by but dont bother, they used to sell reef stuff but now just fresh water

in canoga park Aquarium City on sherman way and topanga cyn, overpriced fish and coral, guys really pushed to sell stuff by the ahole owner. nearby is vivid aquarium which is mostly coral, nice store, nice people

there used to be much more, but 5-10 stores closed down in the past 5 years

a nice new reef store opened up in Simi Valley on E Los Angeles, called Aquarium Connection. they have a lot of stuff and nice people.

HTH

RY@N

there's Rainbow Aquarium and Pond in Pacoima on Woodman Ave. they have a fair amount of saltwater fish, coral, and equipment. Prices are pretty fair as well.

If you go to vivid, dont ask jesus for prices on anything. Have asked him over the years and his prices are always more than dave (owner) himself.
Iv always loved Vived selection. But just asked about a. Small plug of mystic they said 50 bucks. That's crazy to me I was thing tops 30. I hate when ur in a store and u can ask 5 diff people and get 5 diff prices.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LOL, i didnt think there were 5 workers at Vivid. yeah, Dave and Jeeesus are fun. Theyll eff with you unless you call them on it, like when jesus tried to sell me a scopas as a black tang, that was funny. But he ended up giving me a good deal on a "high-end tang" (price soo low, Im not allowed to tell you). The other one was when a young kid worker there kept telling me that these frags were fresh off the mother colonies from the 800g, and im looking at completely untouched mother colonies in the DT. I have at least 3 professional friends who have their home reefs maintained and stocked by Dave / Vivid exclusively, so he must be doing something right.

There is also a decent reeft store Underwater Depot in Sherman Oaks, Marks Tropical Fish in Studio City, both pretty good. Marks was the first place I saw an MI in captivity for a long time!

LOL, i didnt think there were 5 workers at Vivid. yeah, Dave and Jeeesus are fun. Theyll eff with you unless you call them on it, like when jesus tried to sell me a scopas as a black tang, that was funny. But he ended up giving me a good deal on a "high-end tang" (price soo low, Im not allowed to tell you). The other one was when a young kid worker there kept telling me that these frags were fresh off the mother colonies from the 800g, and im looking at completely untouched mother colonies in the DT. I have at least 3 professional friends who have their home reefs maintained and stocked by Dave / Vivid exclusively, so he must be doing something right.

There is also a decent reeft store Underwater Depot in Sherman Oaks, Marks Tropical Fish in Studio City, both pretty good. Marks was the first place I saw an MI in captivity for a long time!
Oh sorry I don't mean Vived in terms of 5 people I just meant at a lot of stores it's always diff prices from diff workers. I love Vived and Dave is the best! Just kinda surprised they tried charging 50 for a frag of mystic

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts