Tank swap: 140 to 180(ish) gallons

Well, I'm back. Needed a break from scr, but found a few more things I wanted to give away. So asked to come back.

Tank is doing ok. Moorish idol died. Both golden rhomboids died. Lineatus died. Naso tang died, although it never even ate.

Only FTS I have. Added some cheap frags, other than that nothing else. been busy with work and training for an upcoming competition.

Attachments

Well, I'm back. Needed a break from scr, but found a few more things I wanted to give away. So asked to come back.

Tank is doing ok. Moorish idol died. Both golden rhomboids died. Lineatus died. Naso tang died, although it never even ate.

Only FTS I have. Added some cheap frags, other than that nothing else. been busy with work and training for an upcoming competition.
Wow! What happened dude? I just got a Moorish Idol and was hoping for some advice.

And welcome back!!

Wow! What happened dude? I just got a Moorish Idol and was hoping for some advice.

And welcome back!!
It never stopped eating...just died. everywhere I've read said that around the 5 month mark is when moorish idols die.

What I can definitively say is my moorish idol got fat and had a streamer, then slowly reversed course. Maybe I'll try again later, I'm not sure. Losing that fish along with all the other wrasses definitely sucked

It never stopped eating...just died. everywhere I've read said that around the 5 month mark is when moorish idols die.

What I can definitively say is my moorish idol got fat and had a streamer, then slowly reversed course. Maybe I'll try again later, I'm not sure. Losing that fish along with all the other wrasses definitely sucked
Man, that sucks. How'd you lose the wrasses?

Man, that sucks. How'd you lose the wrasses?
Lineatus and female rhomboid: no idea. It was eating and everything one day. next day, it was CUC food. It was fat and had good color too

male Rhomboid: I think swim bladder. It was just hanging around in a vertical position for a couple days before it became CUC sustenance.

mark.a.smith405

Premium Member
Supporter

Rock work looks good dude! Arches worked really well!! What kind of competition?

That sucks. Did it all happen around the same time?

No. Over the last 2.5 months. Actually it happened after I removed some rock and swapped in the arch. Probably caused an ammonia spike.
Oh, I see. So maybe the Idol was good and healthy and the spike killed it.

I'm still getting mine to eat. It ate mysis at the store, but in my tank all it does is graze. It does taste the food, but spits it back out.

Oh, I see. So maybe the Idol was good and healthy and the spike killed it.

I'm still getting mine to eat. It ate mysis at the store, but in my tank all it does is graze. It does taste the food, but spits it back out.
Try NLS Finicky fish pellets, rods food, lrs, new era algae grazer discs and Julian sprungs nori. Mine feasted on all of those.

You also need to feed frequently. About 3 to 4x a day. They don't eat a lot, but small and frequently.

Latest posts