What lighting would you use?

Alright buddy..knew you would be back..quicker than I thought too. Told ya

So anyway. I had that tank dims..1 400 watt radium does the job.
Not to expensive on the bill since it's only 1 and covers the whole tank with those large lumenarc reflectors I had. Add a couple reef Brite led strip or similar and you are set.

Of course I am based you know to halides. But the color and shimmer is still better than any leds I have seen. And better growth too.

Alright buddy..knew you would be back..quicker than I thought too. Told ya

So anyway. I had that tank dims..1 400 watt radium does the job.
Not to expensive on the bill since it's only 1 and covers the whole tank with those large lumenarc reflectors I had. Add a couple reef Brite led strip or similar and you are set.

Of course I am based you know to halides. But the color and shimmer is still better than any leds I have seen. And better growth too.
That's right, you had this same dimension in the garage next to the the 180..

go all LED. its the future. now you can have spectrum from UV to IR, just have to pony up the $$$ for the proper coverage. no more excuses that LED cant grow or give color.

MH will grow fast for sure, but forget all that heat

T5 will give nice colors, but forget all those bulb changes and reflector wipe downs

if you have the cheese, go all in, all LED

Yup..and honestly James was not a favorite of mine on the dims. But I got that one because size was an issue at that time (was unemployed and had to move) so it worked out great.

But it you can find 48"x30" deep far more useful. But any tank nonetheless is a great tank.
That's right, you had this same dimension in the garage next to the the 180..

newe70

2020 Philanthropist
go all LED. its the future. now you can have spectrum from UV to IR, just have to pony up the $$$ for the proper coverage. no more excuses that LED cant grow or give color.

MH will grow fast for sure, but forget all that heat

T5 will give nice colors, but forget all those bulb changes and reflector wipe downs

if you have the cheese, go all in, all LED
I like your thinking bud!

Latest posts