Caribsea Hawaiian Black Aquarium Gravel Live Sand

I just removed black sand from friends tank. Apparently it magnetized and full of silica. He had a Major algae issue until he got rid of it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I just removed black sand from friends tank. Apparently it magnetized and full of silica. He had a Major algae issue until he got rid of it

This one is more larger size
I had the magnetic on but this one is not magnetic
It more like lava rock that is pours and larger.
What I

ddien

I thought them being magnetized was the cause of my heavy metals and vanadium issue. But even after removing them from the tank, the Triton test still showed the same high levels of aluminum, lead, zinc and vanadium.

I thought them being magnetized was the cause of my heavy metals and vanadium issue. But even after removing them from the tank, the Triton test still showed the same high levels of aluminum, lead, zinc and vanadium.
That can explain why all my crustaceans all died, Copepods,. amphipods, my sexy shrimps and my pistol shrimps. Should of seen all the floating debris in the tank

ddien

I read on a couple of threads that some contaminants come from ceramics like MarinePure (once it has soaked up the contaminants to begin with).
So I've recently removed that block from my sump and is waiting for new results from ATI ICP test.

I read on a couple of threads that some contaminants come from ceramics like MarinePure (once it has soaked up the contaminants to begin with).
So I've recently removed that block from my sump and is waiting for new results from ATI ICP test.
So what were your results?

ddien

The new result showed that nickel and molybedium have been dramatically reduced. I've had a bunch of SPS growing for 2 months now (they used to die within 2 days). So I like to think the ceramic block had something to do with the contaminants. I've just sent in another ICP test. So let's see if all contaminants are gone or not.

Latest posts