Which LED strip for an algae reactor

watchguy123

Featured Reef
I am building a DIY mini algae reactor/fuge, kind of. Need a recommendation for an led strip that is water proof, does not put out a lot of heat, reliable and has the correct light spectrum to grow some chaeto. Appreciate suggestions.

yes, its a fancy one. It can be controlled and also comes with the tunze warranty. If anything goes bad every, they will fix it/take care of it.
It isn't a light strip. Rather it is a solid bar and it is great. I have had one running in my pico tank for some time. Variable intensity and can be underwater as well as out of water but again it is not a flexible strip.

It isn't a light strip. Rather it is a solid bar and it is great. I have had one running in my pico tank for some time. Variable intensity and can be underwater as well as out of water but again it is not a flexible strip.
I think the OP will submerge the light in the reactor. From what I understood

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yep I have the same one. Your not going to want that for your application. Unless you want to light it from one side.

watchguy123

Featured Reef
No interest in using a cheap led strip but I would prefer something less then the cost of the tunze and flexible is easier to use than rigid. So I’m still looking for suggestions

No interest in using a cheap led strip but I would prefer something less then the cost of the tunze and flexible is easier to use than rigid. So Im still looking for suggestions
I would go look into Current USA Flexible LED it is encapsulated in silicone or some type of gel. And it

Latest posts