I"m back and starting a new build!

All Delight

aquamaxx skimmers are awesome. They tank size specs are pretty accurate, but sure not to go overkill or you'll suffer the same issues I had when I thought I could go bigger and I starved my LPS.

Vectra pumps are good. I'm using an M1 on a 100G and it's dialed all the way down. I do have to calibrate it, the "w" flashes. I'll be setting up an L1 externally for 2 frag tanks, I'll be excited to see how that goes.

reefes pieces

Premium Member
Supporter
So I was able to put wooden top and base as well as the back of the stand this weekend. Now I can at least get the tank up and plumbed and fill it up with water. Still working on the skin though. Also just picked up a Festool Track Saw because my table saw finally kicked the bucket and oh boy is that tool amazing!

cymaster007

Ex-Socal Resident (IEMAS)
Supporter
My Tank Build
Thanks! Yup time to kill some sticks! lol Too bad you're not in Walnut anymore Cy. How's WA treating you? Seems like you guys are enjoying it up there.
If free time were a currency I'd be making it rain. No more 3hrs a day in traffic, and no waiting in lines for anything anywhere. I miss walnut and everyone in SCR. We finally have free time to do things like snowboarding! We went today and had the entire mountain to ourselves and fresh snow.

lowbudget

Premium Member
Supporter
quit bloating
If free time were a currency I'd be making it rain. No more 3hrs a day in traffic, and no waiting in lines for anything anywhere. I miss walnut and everyone in SCR. We finally have free time to do things like snowboarding! We went today and had the entire mountain to ourselves and fresh snow.

reefes pieces

Premium Member
Supporter
Ok so going a little slower than I planned on but almost done with the plumbing and started to fill the tank with water [MENTION=654]lowbudget[/MENTION].

reefes pieces

Premium Member
Supporter
some better pics of the synergy overflow. Great oflow but it's a PITA to plumb and the costs do add up beyond the oflow itself.

if you are going to do a herbie or animal drain, you are going to need to add a valve to your return to dial in your turnover rate.

Latest posts