Horticulture fixtures

Has anyone used horticulture t5 fixtures over their coral? I'm curious due to the extreme cost difference.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Has anyone used horticulture t5 fixtures over their coral? I'm curious due to the extreme cost difference.

I'm researching them right now myself. There are threads our there and positive reviews on the sunlight supply sun blaze t5 fixtures. They are half the price as you said. Only thing is no individual reflectors so may also be half the par of a ati or at least 30-40% less. Looking to light a 50 Cube and am considering the 8 bulb 24" model. I'd love to do a single Radium 250 over it but the heat. Everything I read about these LEDs said they don't last, have too much shadowing etc so just very confusing with so much conflicting info.

I'm researching them right now myself. There are threads our there and positive reviews on the sunlight supply sun blaze t5 fixtures. They are half the price as you said. Only thing is no individual reflectors so may also be half the par of a ati or at least 30-40% less. Looking to light a 50 Cube and am considering the 8 bulb 24" model. I'd love to do a single Radium 250 over it but the heat. Everything I read about these LEDs said they don't last, have too much shadowing etc so just very confusing with so much conflicting info.
If you can afford a radion G4 I would go with that all day. 250 watt halide is a lot of heat unfortunately. I'm gonna buy the sunlight supply and take readings on it with my par and lux meter. I'll report back as soon as I get it.

joseserrano

2020 Contributor
they work fine, I have seen a lot of ppl use them. the example of an 8 bulb on a cube will give you enough light. BRS just did a video on PAR and acros. They pretty much said we don't need as much light as we think.

Latest posts