E5 Led T5's

jason142

Premium Member
Supporter
Just starting out with 3 in my 8 bulb. Depending on how I like them and how the coral respond I plan on switching the other 3 blue + with the blue pop and still using the ati purple plus and geisemann aqua blue +.

my brother just got two blue pop for his fixture.. right now he's running a reef bright blue strip, two blue pop E5, and two pink bulbs and two blue bulbs... i love the color... it's very vivid...

You'll be very happy with the blue pop...

I have 2 in my 6 bulb T5... Both come on first and shut off last... They definitely live up to their name "Blue Pop" and make everything POP!!!

Been running them for almost 2months
now and very happy...

Debating on checking out the other colors and switching other bulbs out.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Anyone know how these affect growth in corals in comparison to regular ATI bulbs? Or are these simply "accent" lights?

Just starting out with 3 in my 8 bulb. Depending on how I like them and how the coral respond I plan on switching the other 3 blue + with the blue pop and still using the ati purple plus and geisemann aqua blue +.
my brother just got two blue pop for his fixture.. right now he's running a reef bright blue strip, two blue pop E5, and two pink bulbs and two blue bulbs... i love the color... it's very vivid...
You'll be very happy with the blue pop...

I have 2 in my 6 bulb T5... Both come on first and shut off last... They definitely live up to their name "Blue Pop" and make everything POP!!!

Been running them for almost 2months
now and very happy...

Debating on checking out the other colors and switching other bulbs out.

Can we see some pics?? I'm also thinking about switching

Tapatalk is being a pain in the butt right now, I'll take some tomorrow(after I clean the tank)

Can we see some pics?? I'm also thinking about switching
don't feel like walking two houses down to take pictures... plus... what will my pics show...? a blue tank..? you really have to see them for yourself... also, to the blind eye, they don't look like they're giving out that much light.. but if you hold your hand next to it, you can see what it's doing... well, compared to the blue+ bulbs on the fixture...

And here is with 2 Led Blue pop bulbs, 2 Coral+ bulbs and 2 Blue+ bulbs

Pix taken with Nexus 6

And here is with 2 Led Blue pop bulbs, 2 Coral+ bulbs and 2 Blue+ bulbs

Pix taken with Nexus 6

Really digging the colors, thinking about adding one to my 4 bulb. Been meaning to replace my last bulb and was debating on what to add

we were talking about this earlier.. came out to the conclusion that they look and act like VHO actinics... they look dim, and not bright... but they make a huge difference in the way they light things up... i am very impressed with they...

jason142

Premium Member
Supporter
Well, I installed them today. I am not really sure how I feel about them yet but there is definitely a big change in the color of the tank. The E5 Blue Pop are a very deep blue vs the ATI Blue +, makes them look like a faded blue. You are not going to have the shimmer that everyone is accustomed to with LED's. I would not switch a whole fixture from T-5's to E-5's but these are good to supplement with your T-5's. With the estimated 8 year life expectancy and the 3 year warranty the $69.99 price it might be worth the switch. I will keep everyone posted on to how the coral respond to the lights. Here are the before and after pictures.
Before

After