Finally jumping back in after 2 years

Looks great. What are your stocking plans for this bad boy?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Not too sure yet. Likely lps and softies first. Never really had much success with sps in the past. Maybe I'll give them a try once the tank is more established.

Thats a nice tank! Is the company that makes these tanks in SoCal?
Yep, Advance Acrylic in Ontario. I'm only about 15mins from them. They did excellent work on my tank. But if I were to do it again I would go with a little more width. I sacrificed width of the display area to have a little more room in the back.

2 weeks in with the cycle. Picked up some new toys last night too: Apex classic and IM 5gal ATO reservior. No more ugly orange Home Depot bucket. Still tidying up all the wires so no pics yet. Also need to get a hold of some of those magic erasers to clean up the dried scum off the inside. A microfiber cloth isn't cutting it.

2 weeks in with the cycle. Picked up some new toys last night too: Apex classic and IM 5gal ATO reservior. No more ugly orange Home Depot bucket. Still tidying up all the wires so no pics yet. Also need to get a hold of some of those magic erasers to clean up the dried scum off the inside. A microfiber cloth isn't cutting it.

Awesome tank, those dimensions are sweet. Have you tried one of the magnetic cleaners to get the scum off?

Got it last night. Delivery was super fast and got it way ahead of shipping estimate.

First impressions:
1. Controller is huge and not sure if it needs to be this big. Bigger than my Apex display module. Wish the display wouldn't turn off and just dim or atleast have a small led so you can quickly glance and know it's on.
2. Impeller housing is short like the Vortechs but much larger. The cable is quite thin, slightly thinner than even the Jebao wp10.
3. Decent flow that is more suitable for smaller cube tanks. On my 36" long tank I'm barely feeling any flow after a foot from the powerhead at max power. Will definitely need another one on opposite end to get complete flow through the tank.
4. Not silent but not loud enough to be annoying either.
5. Even on my 3/4" thick walls it's holding on fine.
6. Daily timer for 6 different flow settings. Good if you want complete control over flow but natural and reef mode will probably accomplish the same thing.

At the moment I'm a little on the fence. I think the flow rate is way overrated at over 2000g/hr at max power. Was hoping 1 would be enough but doesn't look like it.

Latest posts