Coral placement advise

I have mine in middle with strong flow and moderate light and is doing fine.
Is it a colony or a small frag?

Cool, keep them in med flow for now to establish.
When they started to grow you can keep them in high flow and high light.

bsakado

It depends the frag was placed prior to your tank. A general candy cane will like a low to medium flow and lower to medium lighting. I'd put it somewhere with a subtle flow on the lower part of the tank to the mid. Coral can adapt to changes in flow and light usually but it takes while for them to get adjusted to the spectrum.I have blastos right now and one colony like low light and low flow while the other likes more intense lighting quite a bit of flow. Play around with it and try it in different spots if you have to. Trial and error

ShaneTX

I had a few heads in my last tank and had it in the center bottom of tank with not too much flow. I never had much problem with them there, used to even hand feed them at "dusk" and they were total pigs :)

photo 2.jpg

Mine did well under my t5s at the bottom of the tank. Where its probably still getting medium light but low flow.

Oberizzle

I use to have my Candy Cane coral up high with high light and high flow. From experience this wasn't the best placement. Trumpet corals like mid light and low-moderate flow so they can fully expand. When in high flow they don't fully expand and it prevents them from growing. My Trumpets are doing fine now they are as happy as they can be. -+

My dad has had a lot of success with his about midway up in the tank with medium flow. It has since doubled in size over about 1 year feeding it only once a week and by doing weekly water changes.

Low to medium light. Medium flow. Theyre pretty hardy though so anywhere is fine IMO.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk