Live sand advice

So Im contemplating in adding sand to my tank. I am gonna go with a bigger grain and a diamond back goby. Now my question is how would I go about adding sand. Some sand says no rinsing required.

thought about draining tank and redo rock and slowly pour water?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Unless the sand has bacteria in it and water then rinsing is a good idea. No need to drain if you have a piece of pipe that will reach the bottom of the tank and a funnel to use to pour the sand into the pipe. There will be some residue and if there is a lot then wait a day or so and then add more. Many wet sand products come with a pouch of chemicals that will clear the water quickly.

Trick to adding sand while water is still in and your desire is to avoid cloudiness, is to do 3 things. Get a funnel, tube, a pipe, and a tupperware.

Make a hole in the tupperware big enough for the pipe. Silcone he pipe into the tupperware (or bulkhead it, if you desire). Drill 2 or 3 small holes around the base of the tupperware surrounding the pipe. Then about 6 along the lip of the tupperware, smaller, about 1/4 an inch from the lip, spaced evenly. Attach the hose and then the funnel.

Place the tupperware at your desired location and pour very slowly into the funnel. Have someone else pour while you hold the funnel and tupperware in separate hands. Try to avoid air getting down the line, as sand sort of likes to bubble. Not quitevlike water, but it makes amore violent displacement.

Use dry sand and wash it well. There is no need to use "live" sand and while it may be a little cleaner than dry sand it will still cloud your tank. Put the dry sand in a 5 gallon bucket in the back yard, sick a hose in the bucket, turn the water on about 3/4 volume and let the water run until it is clear, agitating the sand at the bottom of the bucket.

So Im contemplating in adding sand to my tank. I am gonna go with a bigger grain and a diamond back goby. Now my question is how would I go about adding sand. Some sand says no rinsing required.

thought about draining tank and redo rock and slowly pour water?

Dont drain it if its a established system.
Just do what mike said and rinse dry really well then add it. I used tap water to rinse then i let it dry and soaked in ro for a day then added to my tank
Good luck