Plumbing advice

So I'm gonna redo my plumbing. Any advice on what I've done.

Any advice would be great.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Looks good. I have a similar manifold on my 45G. and yes, the union on the bottom is a bit redundant since you have a true union ball valve. hows you drain set up? I would add a gate valve to the drain, it made mine supper quite.

Would the union value be best on top of manifold or on the bottom?

I would say its fine where its at because you can close off the other valves... unless you ever want to cut flow to the tank for maintenance with out cutting flow to the equipment on the manifold

Looks good. I have a similar manifold on my 45G. and yes, the union on the bottom is a bit redundant since you have a true union ball valve. hows you drain set up? I would add a gate valve to the drain, it made mine supper quite.
Can you send me a pic of your set up! Thanks

I would move your valve after the manifold. This helps if want to reduce turnover rate and not effect pressure to manifold. This would also be necessary, if you need to build more pressure to your manifold when certain media or equipment (ie, biopellets, chiller, UV, etc) require higher gph.

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

I'm doing gfo, bio pellets, n added a 3rd incase I do a reactor with chaeto or anything else but it's what I thought of doing

You think a sicca 3.0 790gph would do the job?

How many gallon is your system? I use to run the same pump on my 60 cube with 3 manifold and it wasn't enough. Replaced it with a DC9000, which gave me more pressure to my manifold. Turn over rate is bout 300-400gph

I like having a union near the return pump. Makes it easy to disconnect for cleaning or replacement. I would recommend mounting the manifold on a surface instead of it free floating. I should've used gate valves on my build for controlling reactors. They're well worth the money

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

I like having a union near the return pump. Makes it easy to disconnect for cleaning or replacement. I would recommend mounting the manifold on a surface instead of it free floating. I should've used gate valves on my build for controlling reactors. They're well worth the money

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk
I couldn't find gate valves at my local Home Depot. I don't have much room in my sump but I'll see if I can figure out a way to mount it.

Do you think my 790gph return pump be enough for my 50g tank with my manifold to run gfo, pellets?

I ran a fluval sp2 that fed my 55g display, GFO, Carbon, and remote Refugium just fine. But it depends on how much head lost which doesn't seem much for your setup. Plus you don't want a high turn over rate anyways.

Ok so I been playing with it n these are a few ways i figured it out. Which one of these will work the best. I measured my tank n only have 25-28" of room from the top of my water line.

In this pic I can rest the pvc on my sump to not cause any stress on pvc down the line.

Of course with valve on the end.

Thinking of resting the manifold on top of my drain. Any suggestions would be awesome

Ok so I been playing with it n these are a few ways i figured it out. Which one of these will work the best. I measured my tank n only have 25-28" of room from the top of my water line.

In this pic I can rest the pvc on my sump to not cause any stress on pvc down the line.

Of course with valve on the end.

That setup will workout great.