Photoshop or real

I feel like this photo is so saturated. If my tank looked like this, I'd be a frag star millionaire

Opinions

Its legit hes running radions lol. If it was shopped then you would not be able to see the fine details in things. It would all be a blur of color i would think

it's photoshopped... a pro photoshopper can leave all of them fine details in there... that program is more than just adjusting levels for brightness... LOL...

it helps to know what you're doing when you take the picture as well... and, them are zoas... you don't need to color them up... they do it themselves...

Zoarder

2020 Philanthropist
Supporter
2020 POTM
it's photoshopped... a pro photoshopper can leave all of them fine details in there... that program is more than just adjusting levels for brightness... LOL...

it helps to know what you're doing when you take the picture as well... and, them are zoas... you don't need to color them up... they do it themselves...
You don't even need photoshop... i can do that on my s7 edge.... but yes its saturated

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

I had a few people make remarks that this was photoshopped. It made its way to RAP for the color up contest and many people were able to see first hand that it is 100% legit. I dont doubt that those zoas are legit becuase my zoas look like that also lol. The few who figure out how to use radions properly will be able to pull some stunning color
[/URL][/IMG]

You don't even need photoshop... i can do that on my s7 edge.... but yes its saturated

The camera on the s7 is so badazzz man. I love my s7 edge

Here me BSing around on Pro mode today.

This is from a while ago

Zoarder

2020 Philanthropist
Supporter
2020 POTM
The camera on the s7 is so badazzz man. I love my s7 edge

Here me BSing around on Pro mode today.

This is from a while ago

Here is an example what the s7 can do in just seconds...

Here is an example what the s7 can do in just seconds...

Hahahahahahaha dude looks nothing like how my monti really looks.

Hmmmmmm

I wonder how many of these FS threads actually represent how their corals look in real life!?

Crazy

Zoarder

2020 Philanthropist
Supporter
2020 POTM
Hahahahahahaha dude looks nothing like how my monti really looks.

Hmmmmmm

I wonder how many of these FS threads actually represent how their corals look in real life!?

Crazy
Thats why i stopped buying online, always see in person before purchasing.

watchguy123

Featured Reef
Thats why i stopped buying online, always see in person before purchasing.

I think it depends from whom you buy from. Each online vendor is different but if it looks fake then it probably is. Hobbyists who run online sales run the gambit on accurate colors.

I take pictures of my coral all the time because I enjoy it so much. Some pictures are spot on and some I can't get right no matter how hard I try. I wish I could get it right every time.

But heck, every store, vendor , hobbyist has a different lighting scheme. Whenever I make it to a RAP or coral show, I need sunglasses to get away from the blue glow. But if you want coral that glow, turn up your blues.

I started out in reefkeeping with bulbs that were power compacts. Moved to metal halides and then metal halides with t5's. A few years ago added XHO's for dawn dusk pop. I now have seen some very cool G4 radions that seem to cause corals to fluoresce without turning the water and room all blue. If the lighting keeps getting better, who knows what fluorescence and colors will come out.

The LE (limited editions) were all about getting a coral that would look like the photograph. Photoshop and lighting schemes have impacted what you may or may not get in the coral photo. Checking out photos is still fun. Is it real still remains a mystery. I have seen my LFS get incredible pop from one of their well lit, latest leds display tank and I don't expect those corals to pop colorfully in my tank because of the different lighting schemes. Maybe I need to update my lighting.

I agree although that is normal grease any vendor would throw on a photo honestly. Its saturated but Not crazy photoshoped as most of those zoas look like that in person.

I agree although that is normal grease any vendor would throw on a photo honestly. Its saturated but Not crazy photoshoped as most of those zoas look like that in person.
that's what I was thinking cause most of those look like that in person. like the candy apples and radioactive dragon eyes

I feel like this photo is so saturated. If my tank looked like this, I'd be a frag star millionaire

Opinions
Those look beautiful! It might be tweaked a little to have a more accurate representation of the the zoa's. They look pretty spot on to me. Trying to grow a little zoa garden myself! 😊

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

innerspark

Premium Member
Supporter
They just over saturated the photo to try and capture what they really look like. Our cameras have a hard time with the color temp of our tanks and you have to adjust them to bring out the real beauty of the corals. If you dont you get really blue or washed out photos. Also some lights you get better colors then others. Just like if I was to go out and shoot a photo on a rainy day of a beautiful flower and then again on a sunny day and under lighting in your home. The photo and flower will look diffrent under each light setting and you have to adjust for that.

Smite

Premium Member
Supporter
2020 POTM
I don't think they touched the saturation bar. The rock looks realistic to me, whereas the s7 photo with more saturation everything looks enhanced and false.

I bet the pulled some blue from the photo to keep colors from washing out and bumped up the sharpness to make the detail look strong. Maybe a bump on contrast, that also helps with the blue wash look.

I think it's had some photo editing to represent what it looks like in person. Pretty close to what my zoas look like top down. Photoshop a ton off bubble algae in that pic and it'd be spot on