SPS all in one filtration??

So i broke down and sold my 120 gallon a few months so I could move to an apartment while looking to buy buy a new house. I now think I'm just going to stay in the apartment for 1-2 years to put a lot more down on the house. That being said, I don't think I can wait that long for another tank. I am looking at getting a small 20-30 gallon all in one (probably an innovative marine) to hold me over for the time being.

I've never had any experience with an AIO tank. How realistic is it to have an sps tank with the limited filtration space? I would love any recommendations/advice on what to run in the media baskets and if the mini skimmers even help much.

PS- if you know anyone with a small AIO tank for sale let me know.

Thank you

all about lighting and water stability... anything is possible... a bit more work i think... but people do it all the time...

My sps dominate JBJ 45RL AiO
I recently took down and sold to set up a bigger system. Gumbii is spot on. My ATO and doser helped out a lot. Also had tons of flow to keep stuff from settling. Aquamaxx hob skimmer and jebo hob filter i diy'd into a Refugium i added to the filtration.
Parameters stayed consistent. I fed a lot too.

solitude127

Instant Ocean User
Supporter
Featured Reef
2020 POTM
Hard to hide equipment with an aio.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

My sps dominate JBJ 45RL AiO
I recently took down and sold to set up a bigger system. Gumbii is spot on. My ATO and doser helped out a lot. Also had tons of flow to keep stuff from settling. Aquamaxx hob skimmer and jebo hob filter i diy'd into a Refugium i added to the filtration.
Parameters stayed consistent. I fed a lot too.
Great looking tank! I know good lighting and water consistency is key, I ran my 120 sucsussfully but that was with a 50 gallon sump and plenty of room for filtration. Any suggestions on what to run in the media baskets??

Lexusman25

Premium Member
Supporter
I'm in the same boat. I ll probably set up a lagoon 25 with a tunzee 9001 skimmer, IM reactor, with the in tank filter floss holder. I have seen a lot of people put chemipure and purigen in the media baskets. I'm not sure how they differ from carbon or gfo though.

This is my jbj 28 no skimmer dosing alk cal and magnesium + water change every 2 week 2 clowns 1 yellow coris. 1 leopard wrasse

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If you don't have a tank yet I'm ready to shut mine down. I bought this one when I moved in to a 3rd story apartment. Looks like you're close to me if you want to check it out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fizzman

http://www.socalireefs.com/forums/showthread.php?85028-Chinese-165w-Led-inside-24gal-jbj-hood
Here is my jbj 24 mixed with a lot of sps. The back section I have a sponge in the first chamber(the one it comes with) added filter floss on top of sponge, second chamber its an upflow ATS, and fill with rubbles, third chamber is return pump and Rio 90 pump driving a juice bottle Reactor with seachem seagel. The first chamber pretty much doesnt do anything. I never clean out the floss, floss still looks brand new since 2months ago. I dose dry chemicals daily by guesstimation like I'm feeding the tank(like seasoning food). I feed pellets only for now but I feel like the tank doesn't have enough nutrients so I purposely over feed till I see a few pellets left uneaten. I top off weekly about 500ml ish. Test ever two weeks to adjust my dosing guess. 2.5gal water change every 2 weeks. No skimmer, no hang on filtration. It has about 45lbs of rock total. I think that's what most important, a much rock as you fit while still accomplishing your desired look. If u want a minimalist look then you'll have to compensate with more equipment. My 1.7gal has one big rock, probably 7-10lbs. And I do 30%water change on it every two weeks

Attachments

If your looking for a cool aio that's a bit different I have a 25 gallon aio cardiff aquarium in my garage collecting dust I'll let it go for cheap

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

[MENTION=7472]josebelthobby[/MENTION] i have a jbj 28 as well. What lights do you have on this?

Paranoia, I have been running a nano for about 4 years now. Consistent water changes has been key for me.