What did you do to your tank today?

Zoarder

2020 Philanthropist
Supporter
2020 POTM
30 gallon WC, clean skimmer, added GFO, clean algae scrubber, stare at the tank, go to sleep, wake up, here now...

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

General Maintenance
- Clipped the peg's off my Zoa frags for easier placement
- Emptied and cleaned the skimmer cup
- Moved my purple gorgonian -- it's getting too big to handle the flow I give my sps
- Scraped some algae
- Topped off ATO

Added Additives
- .2ml Vodka
- 1ml MB7
- 90ml Tech M (Killing off Bryopsis)
- .5ml AcroPower
- .5ml Brightwell Koralle - VM

Bryopsis is almost gone. The few remaining strands are turning grey at the stem and everyday there's less and less. On the advice given by others, I was told not to do any water changes while getting my Mag to 2000ppm+, and to keep the mag up there until the Bryopsis has been gone for a few weeks or it would re-establish quickly. So i'm making sure to add a 'lil Amino's and HUFA/Vitamins weekly.

Replaced Carbon/GFO, Cleaned GFO Pump, cleaned skimmer cup, dosed a little MB7/Vodka.

FINALLY installed light under desk, that 9w Coralife PC light now has purpose.

filled ATO container , fragged my monti six times and placed one on the overflow , got a meteor shower monti, and a frog skin acro texted alkalinity and calcium

2 month old tank after restarting

**Poor Because of Coral **

Swapped the Halides for 5 Gen 3 Pro's... In the process, caused another avalanche in the center of the tank...(long story) . managed to turn a couple of years worth of growth into a bunch of accidental frags... D@mnit.....

Lights are cool though....

Last edited:
Fed em, went Aptasia hunting because [MENTION=3768]Confuse[/MENTION] made me think about it, used my new flipper Max and wondered again, "how did I ever live without this thing"

cleaned my glass, continued trying to take quality pix of my tank, adjusted my actinic timer, wished I had a Dimmable 8 bulb, made some saturated kalk water, made a new 5g ATO, filled my ATO, and cleaned the 'fish equipment room' turning it back into my bedroom.

Added a few new pieces... Cali Kid (RR) Wolverine, CK (UC) Dippin Dots and an unnamed piece Ben thew in for me because I spent waaaay too much money.

And did a water change on my little tank....

By the way, that is again Ben [MENTION=11292]Cali Kid[/MENTION] for going above and beyond. Can't recommend you high enough..!!

And I flooded my garage..... Again....... D@mnit.... One of these days I need to do a proper mixing station...

Last edited:
Right on Ben! Thank you for your business! We appreciate it. The Dippin Dots is actually the UC (Ultra Corals) Dippin Dots. Enjoy your new pieces! Hope to see you at the shop soon.