Black Live Sand

Xycron

Hi,

Haven't had a salt water tank in about 10 years since i was a teenager, forgot a lot of what i used to know.

I just got a 125g used from craigslist, and figured I'd get started by getting some live sand. I like the look of black sand and black background.

I'm seeing a few different brands of live sand online, does anyone have recommendations? Are there any brands I should be avoiding?

Soon after I figure I'll load up on live rock and let it sit for a while until cycled.

Thanks!

JDEllis

Owner @ Ellis Aquatics
Supporter
Hi,

Haven't had a salt water tank in about 10 years since i was a teenager, forgot a lot of what i used to know.

I just got a 125g used from craigslist, and figured I'd get started by getting some live sand. I like the look of black sand and black background.

I'm seeing a few different brands of live sand online, does anyone have recommendations? Are there any brands I should be avoiding?

Soon after I figure I'll load up on live rock and let it sit for a while until cycled.

Thanks!
We have Caribsea Hawaiian Black live sand in stock (most popular black sand today). We also have live rock in stock at all times (cheapest price anywhere). If interested contact us 562 822 6673. We are open today and tomorrow 10-730

BeanMachine

Supporter
If you go with black sand, just do a thin layer so you can vacuum it. Its going to get really dirty looking, like black cars.

If you go with black sand, just do a thin layer so you can vacuum it. Its going to get really dirty looking, like black cars.
Just to add to that, vaccum a lot I do it almost everyday. The ehiem vacuum is a must to just make it easier to clean almost at a daily basis.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Latest posts