What did you do to your tank today?

JPLreefer

I took it completely down. I have plans to move it from one side of my apartment to the other, the only bad part, I dont have the money to get it back up and running til friday. The second bad part is, I dont have the time to get it back up and running til monday, but I dont know if i'll be in town next week.

Redoing my mixing station, picked up a 100g chemtainer today for ro/di and will be picking up another in a week or 2 for salt...

Yea I know the plywood doesn't cover the entire stand. Gonna pickup a bigger piece after work tomorrow. ;)

Zoarder

2020 Philanthropist
Supporter
2020 POTM
Redoing my mixing station, picked up a 100g chemtainer today for ro/di and will be picking up another in a week or 2 for salt...

Yea I know the plywood doesn't cover the entire stand. Gonna pickup a bigger piece after work tomorrow. ;)
Dang, how big is your tank?? lol

I know what you mean. I looked around and found these, there 23" in diameter and 64" tall, got it from plasticwatertanks.com for a good price and you can will call them from chemtainer's compton location and save a crap load of $ on shipping.

Cleaned the tank, tested params and finished up my new mixing station. Plumbed in my old sedra 12000 to it and did a test run. Getting 600gph turn over at 8'. Need a new pump though, it leaks from the output of the pump, got a small crack in it.

Last edited:
Tested my parameters today with a red sea test kit. Been using the basic api kits before. Been a while, probably a month and a half. need to get a few things in check.
Mg 1560
Alk 3.6/8 10.4
Cal 500
Nitrate 2 ppm
Phos 0.02

Arch4ngel

Cleaned the tank, tested params and finished up my new mixing station. Plumbed in my old sedra 12000 to it and did a test run. Getting 600gph turn over at 8'. Need a new pump though, it leaks from the output of the pump, got a small crack in it.

Where did you buy those tanks, I'm using 55g food grade drums. Would like to upgrade

Sent from the mobile Interwebz, using nuclear powerd hamsterz!

Where did you buy those tanks, I'm using 55g food grade drums. Would like to upgrade

Sent from the mobile Interwebz, using nuclear powerd hamsterz!
Www.plasticwatertanks.com

Order them online or by phone and ask to willcall them. If you order chemtainers you can pickup at chemtainers compton facility and save several hundred on shipping

Latest posts