Hawaiian Seahorses (H. Fisheri)

Hey guys! Just wanted to share my new hawaiian seahorses. I ordered them from Ocean Rider in Hawaii. I've had them for about a month now, they are really amazing little seahorses.

14525988759_6949bbe81f_k.jpg 14525988759_6949bbe81f_k.jpg 14525996418_7ca40507f0_k.jpg

The red one stays red. She lightens up to a pink when she courts one of the males but thats about it. I have a small colony of 6. And all the other ones are brown.

They are fed twice a day, they take frozen mysis, I prefer PE. I have a copepod population of Euterpina and culture both T. Iso and Tetraselmis to feed to the Euterpina. Originally I started the copepod culture for baby seahorses (I have multiple species) and although the fisheri take them, its just really a big hassle since they can take bigger foods. Since I can't seem to find live brine around here anymore I started a culture from bbs and at least once a week I enrich adult live brine with one or more of: t iso, tetra, vitamin c, astaxanthin, algamac, and sanolife probiotics.

Thanks for the information. Just to clarify what is PE? I have been cultureing brine shrimp off and on for a year. Right now I only have pipe fish and mandarin goby. My lfs has set up an account with Seahorsecorral.com. So, I'll be getting some ponies through them once they get that going. Should be fun. I had a pony about 6 months ago that did well but then, while doing maintenance I removed the pump screen and it got sucked in and died a few days later. You live and learn.

BeanMachine

Supporter
Thanks for the information. Just to clarify what is PE? I have been cultureing brine shrimp off and on for a year. Right now I only have pipe fish and mandarin goby. My lfs has set up an account with Seahorsecorral.com. So, I'll be getting some ponies through them once they get that going. Should be fun. I had a pony about 6 months ago that did well but then, while doing maintenance I removed the pump screen and it got sucked in and died a few days later. You live and learn.
I think he means Piscine Energetics frozen mysis