Custom Aquarium Modifications

sonnus

Premium Sponsor
Premium sponsor
That is sleek!! What kind of drain system would you implement on an overflow like that?
This is designed to run a full-siphon overflow. There are two chambers on both sides for an emergency overflow.

that overflow is yummy i like it a lot notice you dont see the overflow just the teeth.
Is that a recent picture? Seems like you should have a bunch of coral by now.

I'm loving those mini coast to coast overflows and bean animal setup. Makes me want to upgrade but I'm too lazy to keep acrylic clean :sigh:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sonnus

Premium Sponsor
Premium sponsor
I'm loving those mini coast to coast overflows and bean animal setup. Makes me want to upgrade but I'm too lazy to keep acrylic clean :sigh:
This is an all glass tank. Only the overflow teeth are acrylic, the rest of the back of the tank is glass. This is the same design as the tanks in our store and they've been extremely easy to keep clean.

This is an all glass tank. Only the overflow teeth are acrylic, the rest of the back of the tank is glass. This is the same design as the tanks in our store and they've been extremely easy to keep clean.
Scraping the back glass with no acrylic overflow is super nice. Acrylic overflows are usually super hard to scape coralline off of.

I didn't realize these were glass. I hate my coast to coast look, overflow box inside the tank. I'll have to stop by and get a quote.

Six2seven

Premium Member
Supporter
Looks very clean and smooth. So to be clear you build both acrylic and glass tanks with external overflows?

sonnus

Premium Sponsor
Premium sponsor
Looks very clean and smooth. So to be clear you build both acrylic and glass tanks with external overflows?
No, we just do glass tanks. The stainless steel brace is on an acrylic tank but that's an exception. We started modifying tanks because none of the manufacturers offered what we wanted.

There are plenty of acrylic tank manufacturers that can do the same thing in acrylic so there's no real demand for us to start dong this with acrylic tanks.

Whats the longest you can go rimless. My current tank is 72x24x24. I would be looking for 72x30x22or24 tall with an external overflow.

sonnus

Premium Sponsor
Premium sponsor
Whats the longest you can go rimless. My current tank is 72x24x24. I would be looking for 72x30x22or24 tall with an external overflow.

There is no limit in size on rimless tanks, the cost just gets very expensive. For your size tank 5/8" or 3/4" glass would be needed which increase the price by 2-4x compared to a eurobraced tank.

Riblet

Premium Member
Supporter
So who are you guys going to use for glass tanks now?

Last edited: