Plugs and more plugs for Frags that is...what's your favorite?

xthunderx

Premium Member
Supporter
I'm wondering what other people are using and I don't mean FSM, lol. What is your favorite frag plug?

All Delight

I love the lighthouse frag rocks, but those are for high end stuff that I never intended to cut. Those go on unfraggable island. My friends already know, if they see something on that type of frag rock don't even ask.

Other then that, the alternative reef discs and plugs are great.

And yes I also hate those cone shaped plugs. Sometimes I'll refuse to even buy a frag if it's on there.

xthunderx

Premium Member
Supporter
I've used the lighthouse frags stones, I love the natural look. Easily attaches to live rock and blends in well, especially when I leave the frag a few weeks to encrust. Coralline will start to grow on it, great stuff.

Aside from that, I'll use the Ocean Wonders from BRS for almost everything else. Good low cost solution.
http://www.bulkreefsupply.com/oceans-wonders-large-coral-frag-disks-15-pack-1.html

xthunderx

Premium Member
Supporter
I been liking the cerameco one. The sps plugs have a drilled out hole to make ot easier to glue a frag on. And they're not white.

http://aqua-tecture.com/?wpsc-product=vidarock-1-stony-ceramic-frag-plugs-20-pack
I think I'll give these a shot as well, they look interesting. Nice idea to help them blend in by giving it some color, that's one improvement for the Lighthouse stones they should incorporate.

Did you pick them up from the website? Or somewhere else?

Last edited:

solitude127

Instant Ocean User
Supporter
Featured Reef
2020 POTM
I think I'll give these a shot as well, they look interesting. Nice idea to help them blend in by giving it some color, that's one improvement for the Lighthouse stones they should incorporate.

Did you pick them up from the website? Or somewhere else?
They'll be at RAP, pick them up there

someone had them for sale at last years RAP. I bought a bag, liked them and then someone was selling them at MAX so i bought another.
Oh I see, very nice. I always have liked their products. I'll have to stock up on some this year. Maybe some of the Cerameco ones as well.

JDEllis

Owner @ Ellis Aquatics
Supporter

Zoarder

2020 Philanthropist
Supporter
2020 POTM
I never seen these before, that sure is nice, im gonna switch over to these for sps for sure in the near future when I run out of the 5000 I currently have lol
Do it now, will save you so much time and not have to do puddles of glue to make it stay -_-

Latest posts