My Cadlights 40G build

Moved in to an apartment so I had to down size from my 180.

picked up a Cadlights 40g from Jason's shop. The dimensions are 35X17X17

Tomorrow I should be receiving my new RO/DI unit. I ordered the Vertex Pura Tek DELUX 200 so hopefully I will start filling the tank up this weekend. I also ordered a drinking water kit and made a hole in the sink for the faucet ( I plugged the hole so I can see how it'll look when we move out)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nice and clean. I like the dimensions too. Any stocking plans?
Thanks! I'm basically going to frag everything in my 180 and transfer stuff over
what plans do you have for it?
I'm still trying to figure it out. I'm thinking about converting my sol blues into hydra 52's and maybe picking up a second MP10. The tank came with everything else (plumbing, Sump, skimmer, and return pump) I'll upgrade the return pump and skimmer later.

Making brackets for the light rails today. They didn't have square ones at the store so I bought rounds ones and turned them into square ones.

RO/DI unit installed!

I T'd the line that goes in to the DI chamber so that it can go to a reservoir tank and to a faucet for drinking water.

And the final shot

Man! I'm a little frustrated with this Cadlights tank. The return line doesn't quite fit the way it's supposed to and the plumbing doesn't line up with the sump design.

Got the light rails up.

I got this mat for when I clean the tank and water goes over the side

This is how the plumbing comes out.

That's how it doesn't line up. I need to go get some 45's

I put some RODI water in the overflow to test for leaks

That's all I could do today.

Cool setup. I was thinking about getting the same exact tank. It's the versa series? But I settle for SCA 50 cube. looking forward for more updates

Cool setup. I was thinking about getting the same exact tank. It's the versa series? But I settle for SCA 50 cube. looking forward for more updates
It's ok. I thought it was going to be a plug and play set up but it hasn't been that easy so far. It's frustrating

Well I have to add plumbing to this tank in order to make it work. What makes things worse is that Cadlights does not use standard plumbing. The gate valves say that they are 1-1/4 so I went to buy some 1-1/4 45's only to find out that they are too big. I went to Home Depot and found a 1 inch union that barely fit in the gate valve. I got lucky because only one union was able to fit. I have to go get two more 45's and the plumbing should be done.

35x17x17 never seem those dimensions in cadlights site. How much was the setup I'm interested in getting one too.
I didn't see it on their website either. Maybe it's an older model? I got it at Jason's shop. Hit him up.