So I'm building my first large reef tank!!!!!

Smite

Premium Member
Supporter
2020 POTM
Looking good. Pretty cool idea for an ATS, how is it working so far? Maintaining good growth? Sorry of I missed your livestock for fish but what are you currently stocking? Anthias? Great flower nems BTW.

Looking good. Pretty cool idea for an ATS, how is it working so far? Maintaining good growth? Sorry of I missed your livestock for fish but what are you currently stocking? Anthias? Great flower nems BTW.
Currently I have 9 blue reef chromis, 3 white tail chromis, 1 yellow tang, 1 bi color blenny, 1 purple fire fish, 1 six line wrasse. I believe that's all of them. As for inverts I have 2 strawberry crabs, 3 porcelain crabs, 1 emerald crab, 1 fire shrimp, 2 camel shrimps, 1 sea cucumber, hand full of assorted snails and hermit crabs.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

This is what the ATS looks like but I will remove this filter system to see if I get any reading on test kit. So far everything has been at 0. My chaeto reactor is about half way down started with a tiny amount smaller than 2 inch ball.

Smite

Premium Member
Supporter
2020 POTM
Very nice! Great to see that working. Do you notice any added heat with the leds from the chaeto reactor?

theMerchant

Premium Member
Supporter
Let me know how the chaeto does with the algae scrubber running. From all I've read, the ats will out compete tue nutrients and chaeto slowly dies.

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

That's probably right. That's why I removed ats. Water was way too clean. Also the pods I'm getting from chaeto are helping my tank. If I get any reading I'll redo ats

I have to say the best investment I have made aside from chiller is my macro algae reactor. Reason being since this tank is an AIO the bank side water level has been inconsistent make my skimmer unusable. Yet the reactor has held the tank at 0 readings

Couldn't answer that question. Does to my space and setup. The macro reactor is the consistent setup I can have.

Latest posts