Bean's 300 Gallon AGE Build

The dragon skull should look pretty sweet once I get a coral to encrust over it. Not sure that will be the final resting spot. I got it from Alternative Reef a while back.

I also have a orc head as well lol Ill prob throw it in also!

You'll want to make it more prominent. It'll disappear once everything is growing. I saw a tank with a ship wreck in it of all things as hokey as they are, a big one too. Maybe 2-3' but it was almost unnoticeable due to all the corals on and fish swimming about it. With the large openings they were cruising it(no pun intended)like fish do in real life. I thought the guy just had a cool scape design until it slowly came into vision what I was looking at.
That's kind of the idea, to let corals grow over it and blend it into the scape. An encrusting coral or acro will still show its shape.

A friend gave me a rbta and it split the first night. One ended up in the bowl. Kinda cool. Anemone bowl anyone hungry? Thanks [MENTION=3580]pciscott[/MENTION]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Looks good. It's gonna take you forever though to get that big boy equal to the badassness of your old 120g.
I know. Seriously. Its OK though. Luckily this time around some friends have offered frags from their tanks... so when I'm ready I'll be adding several pieces at once.

Next is-

1. Temp Skin around the tank.

2. Kalk Reactor

3. Additional Clean Up Crew

4. Water Change (I haven't done one yet hehe; Nitrate and Phos are 0, Alk is about 6.)

reefes pieces

Premium Member
Supporter
Time to add more waste makers. Looks like your bacteria population is all caught up with 0 NO3 and PO4. I think you need a nice vlamingi tang in that tank of yours or desjardini sailfin. 20-30 anthias would look pimp too.

I know. Seriously. Its OK though. Luckily this time around some friends have offered frags from their tanks... so when I'm ready I'll be adding several pieces at once.

Next is-

1. Temp Skin around the tank.

2. Kalk Reactor

3. Additional Clean Up Crew

4. Water Change (I haven't done one yet hehe; Nitrate and Phos are 0, Alk is about 6.)

When my Achilles or Bariene outgrow my 150 I know who I am calling, man that's a lot of swimming space!

Kalk reactor instead of Calcium Reactor?

How's your pH running?

When my Achilles or Bariene outgrow my 150 I know who I am calling, man that's a lot of swimming space!

Kalk reactor instead of Calcium Reactor?

How's your pH running?
Thanks! I tried my best to find a balance between lots of swimming room and lots of places for coral so I tried my best to accomplish both without it looking like a pile of rocks. I'm happy with it. As I go I will probably add or remove rock here and there. Its definitely not the minimalist approach.

Um I was considering both, but the kalk reactor would just be for now. I was looking for easy maintenance as I don't have hardly any coral yet. I have seen a lot of nice tanks with them used in conjunction with a calcium reactor. I've never used one so just looking to try a different approach. A friend is going to let me borrow a dosing pump so I may do that instead. I just didn't really want to set up equipment then take it down at a later date. I've got too many projects these days and rather not do things twice if I can.

I have no idea what my ph is, I don't have a probe. :)

I cut the first three panels of the expanded pvc for the skin. I still need to epoxy the magnets.

Problems I encountered.

1. Its really flexible in 4x8 sheets. Hard to cut on a small table saw.

2. Its soft so to speak, so I scratched it a few places. If I were to do it again Id order new sheets or a material with paper over it like how acrylic comes.

Its temporary so not such a big deal but keep it in mind if you use this type of material.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nice wet rock collection.
lol ruthless

Cody I bet having a kalk reactor, a dosing pump, and an ALK monitor would be a system that could easily maintain stable ALK until you get SPS heavy. bummer that ALK monitors are pricey though :/

That or steal one of shnitzels old CA reactors I think he has like 3 by now...

If you want to build some cheap DIY Reefbrites for your powermodule let me know it was pretty easy, unless thats already a baller LED unit?

Last edited:
lol ruthless

Cody I bet having a kalk reactor, a dosing pump, and an ALK monitor would be a system that could easily maintain stable ALK until you get SPS heavy. bummer that ALK monitors are pricey though :/

That or steal one of shnitzels old CA reactors I think he has like 3 by now...

If you want to build some cheap DIY Reefbrites for your powermodule let me know it was pretty easy, unless thats already a baller LED unit?
Its cool hahaha I don't mind. He doesn't even have a tank anyways hahahaha

Yeah its the baller LED unit hehe

I think I'm going to go with just the kalk stirrer from Avast and set up the carx once I get the sticks in. I have a carx already from Aquamaxx, a SS regulatator from Alan Le, media, and a 20lb bottle.

Latest posts