What DC return pump to go with?

As some of you know am finally upgrading 120g.
Am going with most dc voltage equipment first on the list is a return pump. I have two that i like but need some more info from anyone using this pumps or why dont you use this pumps.
What do you guys like and dont like

AquaMaxx Magnus VSR-9000 DC Water Pump by Sunpole

Waveline DC10000II Apex Ready DC Water Pump - 2853GPH

They're all made by the same mfg with a different badge. You just have to go with the best warranty and hassle free repair/return policy.

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

As some of you know am finally upgrading 120g.
Am going with most dc voltage equipment first on the list is a return pump. I have two that i like but need some more info from anyone using this pumps or why dont you use this pumps.
What do you guys like and dont like

AquaMaxx Magnus VSR-9000 DC Water Pump by Sunpole

Waveline DC10000II Apex Ready DC Water Pump - 2853GPH
If the reviews are good for the AquaMaxx, I'd go with that given that Marine Depot owns them. You'd have a way easier time resolving any kind of issues with the pump since they're local.

ive used the sunpole 9000 for 5 months now, it works well so far, and its totally silent compared to my waterblaster 10000.

anyone know if replacement parts are avail? i googled and didnt find any.

djrice69

SocaliReef M0DERAT0R IG Farmedfrags
Staff member
2020 Philanthropist
Supporter
Reef octopus varios are nice

Im still on the other side of the fence. I run A/C pumps. My return is an ATB Flowstar 1800. A Laguna 1350 powers my manifold. Both are dead silent. And they just work. Fewer points of failure versus D/C. By no means is this a knock on any of the pumps listed. Just alternatives.

five.five-six

2020 Philanthropist
Im still on the other side of the fence. I run A/C pumps. My return is an ATB Flowstar 1800. A Laguna 1350 powers my manifold. Both are dead silent. And they just work. Fewer points of failure versus D/C. By no means is this a knock on any of the pumps listed. Just alternatives.
Im with you. The only reason that Im running DC is that happens to be what tunze offered.

i've been using jecod pumps for 3 years now, never had to clean them and never had any issues with them. They're cheap enough that I bought a backup just incase it ever went out. 3 years and counting, backup pump still NIB.

This made me LOL. Fewer as in... 1?

I get it. It is actually the one point of failure that makes me nervous about a/c pumps. DC pumps, you can setup both redundancies easier, as well as have automated compensation should one fail. As in, if the water line goes up, you can have the backup kick in at a higher rate of flow.

Granted, you can have a backup a/c that becomes triggered to turn on if the water level goes up, but it might also be stalled.