Clove problem and tank update.

I got some of those cloves on the base rock of my toadstool it appears too. I should probably stop delaying breaking that rock off lol

Six2seven

Premium Member
Supporter
Ok so here are some results with no pictures sorry.

Day one: nothing
Day two: cloves slightly annoyed. Everything else still perfect
Day 3: cloves completely closed, Xenia shriveled up.
Day 4: cloves still closed but still there. Xenia dead and peeling off rocks. A couple sps looking a little pale.

Day 5: should have stopped it after day 3-4. Finally got a chance to work on tank. Pearlberry sps dead RTN. (Just my luck). Sunset Mille dead at base only. Partial STN.

So I completely a 50g water change and added some carbon back along with my skimmer. The cloves are not completely gone but look dead now. Hopefully they don't open back up. The water didn't look to clear on the last day. I actually reaquascaped a little and made a big mess

Six2seven

Premium Member
Supporter
Ok so here Is an update. These tabs really are a last resort because i could definitely see them wiping out an entire tank! Luckily it did not kill everything in mine.

PURPOSE: was to remove all the cloves and pulsing Xenia.
OUTCOME: it worked for its purpose.

I forgot to remove my snails but other than that I think it went as expected.

Turbos - Dead as door nails.
Nassarius - alive and kicking
Fighting conches - alive but were stunned
Amphipods - no effect
Macro algaes - no effect
Fish - no effect
Chalices - 3 of 10 dead. I lost a Pumkin patch I had for a long time, bazooka joe and some bland chalice that had a lot of pink when I got it.

SPS - well I lost a red dragon mini colony. A couple maricultured acros and a Tierra del Fuego I just bought. Other thank that I had partial STN on a couple that are still alive and really dulled the color on most of the rest of my sps. I think what hasn't died will be fine.

Here is a before and after picture to show the cloves are now gone. No signs whatsoever.

Before

After

One thing I'm concerned about is..
If you look at the wall in the right there appears to be this dead fuzz on everything. It's on a lot of rocks where the cloves were. It's sucks up like debris that you'll find at the bottom of your sump. Kinda weird. Hopefully it just goes away.

Six2seven

Premium Member
Supporter
Looks like you lost all the sps you got from me Steve ...
Just a couple lol
I think it was the new ones that were most stressed. I'll hit you up in a couple weeks to see if you have any duplicates. I'm going to let my tank settle for a couple weeks more before I add anything

Latest posts