Things every reefer should own

As I tore down a tank I caught my self thinking "I don't know why I didn't buy these things from the start." Then I thought it would be good if we started a list of things we normally don't think we need but feel that every newbie should have.

1. Brute trash can with wheels

It makes transporting water so much easier.

2. 20.00 wet/dry vacuum that you attach to a 5 gallon bucket.

These things are great for getting that little bit of water out that pumps leave behind and they get ALL the sand out of a tank. They're also great for cleaning sumps.

Can't wait to see what we come up with.

Agreed, I cleaned the 100g and sump I bought out with a wet/dry vacuum. I also keep my brute with some RO water in it just in case I need to mix it for a WC.

As I tore down a tank I caught my self thinking "I don't know why I didn't buy these things from the start." Then I thought it would be good if we started a list of things we normally don't think we need but feel that every newbie should have.

1. Brute trash can with wheels

It makes transporting water so much easier.

2. 20.00 wet/dry vacuum that you attach to a 5 gallon bucket.

These things are great for getting that little bit of water out that pumps leave behind and they get ALL the sand out of a tank. They're also great for cleaning sumps.

Can't wait to see what we come up with.
Already have...

Patience :)

gr1mm

a pair of long thongs and not the sexy kind you guys thinking about! to avoid putting your hands in the tank.

Latest posts