I got me a WOODY

Hey Juan, thanks. The sump will be off to the side. I couldn't find any good plans for anext oversized stand for a tank this big.

This will work out ok. I will build another stand to fill up the rest of the closet. Sump on the bottom, remote fuge and possibly a frag tanks on top. Under the main tank is where I'll put a QT tank.

Just need to finish framing out around the tank and drywall. I've already started filling tonight but I expect it will take all week.

Wow!!!! That's bad ***!!!!! Love that detail u did with being able to look thru side of Tank

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Thanks guys. Yeah the hallway glass turned out to be a nice touch. You can also see in from the office. I'm going to try and finish the stand tomorrow so I can get the sump plumbed and finish filling the tank

Another small update. Got the sump installed this weekend and started filling it.

I also stated painting the plumbing as well. Color coding the piling. Not really functional but dresses it up a little.

I'm out of commission for the next few weeks, I had surgery yesterday to repair a tendon in my left elbow. Maybe [MENTION=3979]xraymatt[/MENTION] can tell me more about recovery time on that.

xraymatt

Premium Member
Supporter
Another small update. Got the sump installed this weekend and started filling it.

I also stated painting the plumbing as well. Color coding the piling. Not really functional but dresses it up a little.

I'm out of commission for the next few weeks, I had surgery yesterday to repair a tendon in my left elbow. Maybe [MENTION=3979]xraymatt[/MENTION] can tell me more about recovery time on that.
Awe man, sorry to hear about that Brian. It's definitely a long recovery process. I had my surgery on February 8th and it's still sore. I had a fiberglass splint on for about a week after surgery. The pain level wasn't as bad as I had anticipated, but the soreness has persisted. The surgeon said absolutely no physical therapy for at least 6 weeks and I can see why. Range of motion came back pretty quick, though. I wish you the best of luck on a speedy recovery, my friend. Feel free to ask any questions about the recovery process. Enjoy the time off of work. By the way, 1 pain pill plus a shot of Jameson works wonders!

Yeah it ended up being bigger than I thought. The fuge alone is 20g. I took a 110g apart because it had 1/2" glass and used that. A tile saw works great for cutting glass that thick. It's definitely not pretty but it holds water and give me a lot of room for equipment.

Awe man, sorry to hear about that Brian. It's definitely a long recovery process. I had my surgery on February 8th and it's still sore. I had a fiberglass splint on for about a week after surgery. The pain level wasn't as bad as I had anticipated, but the soreness has persisted. The surgeon said absolutely no physical therapy for at least 6 weeks and I can see why. Range of motion came back pretty quick, though. I wish you the best of luck on a speedy recovery, my friend. Feel free to ask any questions about the recovery process. Enjoy the time off of work. By the way, 1 pain pill plus a shot of Jameson works wonders!
My doctor has in PT this Thursday, 3 days after surgery. It is only the day after but the pain is pretty significant. They apparently had to drill the bone and put hardware in to reattach the tendon. I will agree with you on the pain pills and booze, perc and Jack should help

xraymatt

Premium Member
Supporter
My doctor has in PT this Thursday, 3 days after surgery. It is only the day after but the pain is pretty significant. They apparently had to drill the bone and put hardware in to reattach the tendon. I will agree with you on the pain pills and booze, perc and Jack should help
Haha! Cheers!!
My situation is a trip, since I work at the hospital where I had my surgery, and I know the surgeon pretty well. Once I came back to work , I was able to go into the operating room and watch him perform a surgery just like I had. The bone anchors are small plastic clips that are attached to a thick suture. He threaded it thru the torn tendon and (like you said) drilled the bone anchor into the bone. It's amazing how they do it!
*most of my post-op therapy was just some stretching.

Sorry guys no updates, the surgery kinda kicked my *** for the last 2 weeks. The only thing I did was paint some fittings. It's strange, the krylon paint on normal pvc dries in an hour. Krylon on spa flex took 10 days to dry.

My son is going to try and help me this weekend, maybe I can at least get the return pump up and running

Alright guys time for a big update. Sump is up and running. Skimmer on line and cycle just about done.

Fullet sump shot

Refugium section

The beast

Laguna 2400 return

Plumbing and dart for closed loop

Herbie

Side shot from hallway with actinics

Front shot

Still need to touch up paint for return system and paint the back of the tank. I'm going to leave a section unpainted to show people it is really plywood. Going to skin the stand and make some doors. On the front side, just need to trim out around the glass.

If all goes well, I'll start transferring livestock in a couple weeks.

Corals all moved over. Still tweaking the flow a bit. Getting the occasion sand storm. Moved the halides over. Had a mini cycle after everything was moved over. Diatoms going away, should cleared up in a few days. Having a hard time getting calcium up. 350 is all I can get at the moment. I ran out of calcium to dose so I'll pick some up on the weekend. 55 gallon was stuffed, now it looks like I don't have anything. Okay enough foreplay, time for money shot.

I tried to set it up so certain corals are only clearly visible from certain sides. I think it turned out well but I'll be rearranging some stuff depending on how it likes where it is.

Latest posts