Im back CivicDemons 90gl Build

So after things in my 125 went south and i sold everything about maybe a year or so back i have finally decided to come back and try again with a nice 90 cube i picked up. So if anyone has some rock laying around let me know. Going tog et pluming hopefully all done up this weekend, I have 4 T5 on it now that i will use for the mean time. I do how ever have a big sump and actually thinking of getting something smaller if anyone wants to trade. Here some pics.

New Tank and stand

Sump is 5 chamber 17D x 18 Tall x 29 L Looking for something a bit smaller like around 24 L x 14 T x 13 D

Willing to make a trade for something in good shape. This sump is glass.

Attachments

Looks like an SCA sump. I took a razor blade to that baffle dividng the far right chamber to have more room for a skimmer on mine.

Sure, if you don't want the fuge chamber, no need for a sump that takes up all that space.

Sent from my SM-J700P using Tapatalk
Defenetly want a fuge but just for some chaeto so i dont think it needs to be this big, unless i find a small ato countainer like 4 inch by 20 by 20 or something like that

Sometimes I think the fun part is acquiring, designing and building the system. Interesting you did 45s on the overflow. Or the one part of it. I usually just try to straighten out the return, but I'll use what's laying around just to get her done. No valves on either?

I was going to only do 45s on the drain also. But sump had a wall the prevented that. So I could not doit like the return. Return will eventually have a manifold type. If I Decide to add reactors. As far add valves I won't need any as sump should be able to hold any water that drains in case of a power outage.

That's good thinking on the outage. I do the same. But sometimes you need the throttle back the return because drain can't keep up. Or the other way around. Choke the drain to make it silent. Also doing maintenance in sump area valves help keep unnecessary water in display. But to each their own. Never a fan of antisyphon valves. I think the restrict flow too much unless you go a size or two bigger to allow for the flapper. But then you have a huge chunk of PVC in there. Other than that. Throw some water in that thing.

Should be filled up by tonight. If i need a valve to reduce flow from return line i can add that no problem being as i want to posibly make it a manifold it will be simple.

I think you jinx me, Drain is crazy noisy in the sump with bubbles. IM like Tham it !!!! Up top its fine just down in the sump it makes a bunch of noise. i think i might take out the union and at the 45 right then straight to another 45 where the sock would be and maybe add a gate valve right in the middle in case i need to throttle it back for silence.

What do you think ??

Sweet i just won the Perfect light IT2081 for my tank for only 170$ steal. Same as the Reefbreeders photon 32 Should be great i useto have the 24 inch versions and they where great.

Well got me 2 MP40QDs, and also had believe to be cycled so i added to small clowns. My ammonia was up Wednesday and Thursday had nitrite, come sunday i had no ammonia or nitrite just about 20ppm nitrates. So i added to small clowns and a few snails to clean up the diatoms mess. going to let everything chill for a couple weeks and keep an eye on parameters. Added a full bottle of dR tims one and only also. I think using established tank water from a friend last week really helped. Time to keep an eye on things and see how it goes. NExt couple things on the agenda is an ATO and posible an APEX JR with a EB8. But that can wait a month or 2 Will post up video a bit later.