Getting Back In!

Hey Guys, just wanted to let you guys all know I have decided to get back into the hobby, I'm currently trying to find a new tank to purchase looking for something at most 50 gallons! I've got a small apartment haha!

Anyways, just excited about this I made a new Instagram account so if anybody would like to follow the progress it will be on there ill try making more posts on here too!

The account is raphsreef if you'd like to follow there is currently nothing on there right now but I plan on at least having a tank this weekend!

Happy reefing everybody!

Oh also if anyone has a decent 50 gallon full reef setup available or knows someone that does let me know!

Got my new tank! Current setup is below:

IM nuvo fusion 40
Radion G2 (Running Coral Lab lighting schedule)

And that's it for now while it cycles.

My plans are to get a new Radion G4, MP 10 and a reef link to be able to control those from my phone.

I'm thinking of getting the Apex controller as well possibly. I'm on the fence about it but if I can utilize it for ATO I will probably go for it.

Thinking of getting a HOB Fuge to run chaeto instead of a skimmer.

Let me know what you guys think here are some pictures below! (Still working on the aquascape)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

five.five-six

2020 Philanthropist
Looks like you got back in with both feet! Nice :)

That G2 would probably be the last thing Id change. Its a solid light.

Update:

Tank has cycled I opted to go with chaeto instead of a reactor well see how that goes! Just added the first couple permanent residents to the tank an Anthia and a leopard wrasse and some snails and hermits! Threw some Zoas and torches in there to see how they hold up! I cant wait to fully stock this tank. Still considering the G4 xr30 upgrade I definitely need an mp10 for sure. Im currently running the IM skimmer with the tank its pulling some skimmate but nothing crazy!

Update:

Tank has cycled I opted to go with chaeto instead of a reactor well see how that goes! Just added the first couple permanent residents to the tank an Anthia and a leopard wrasse and some snails and hermits! Threw some Zoas and torches in there to see how they hold up! I cant wait to fully stock this tank. Still considering the G4 xr30 upgrade I definitely need an mp10 for sure. Im currently running the IM skimmer with the tank its pulling some skimmate but nothing crazy!

Nice!! Cant wait to see fully stocked. Couldnt find you on IG

Update!

I haven't had a chance to get a decent picture but will soon and show you guys all the goodies but if you are wondering I've added a maxspect gyre xf 150 to my tank running it on pulsing mode at about 40% my sps corals are loving it! and I've added an Apex lite system to it which has made maintaining and just monitoring my tank so much easier and ultimately has made the hobby much more enjoyable!

Unfortunately I lost my beautiful anthia I had in there but everything else was thriving! I haven't lost a single coral so far and everything is looking great!

I just picked up a MP10 Quiet Drive wireless and a reelink to add to the system and try to keep everything as streamlined as possible it may be too much flow but there are some spots that kind of need the extra flow the mp10 will provide!

That is all again feel free to follow my IG: champagnepolypp say hi if you're there!

Super Update:

I went in and picked up an ecotech Radion XR30 G4 and added an MP10 running both with a new reeflink I added as well! I must say so far Im extremely happy with the new light its a drastic improvement from the G2 I was running. The MP 10 is perfect for the extra bit of flow I needed that the Gyre wasnt really hitting. My corals all look happy with good polyp extension! Check it out!

Let me know what you guys think!

Latest posts